Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

Post by éóá?× á??ò?ê ?×?????×é » Wed, 30 Jul 1997 04:00:00

         Here at trouble was formed which I not as can not decide :

         There is CISCO, at which authorizathion  of access of PPP
service.  My  username  US and password PW is carried out through PAP
and Linux RedHat 4.0. I'm write in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets :
---------------------------------------
# User   Server          Password
US       *       PW
---------------------------------------

         Also I start PPPD

pppd connect ...... auth +pap name US

         Authorizathion does not pass, and in log CISCO it be visible,
that RedHat tries to authorize the user US,  and not clearly to
authorize the user Cisco (This name my server CISCO) - and it at him(it)
and does not pass!!!

Isaev Andrey.

Post by M.C. van den Bovenkam » Wed, 30 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>          Also I start PPPD
> =
> pppd connect ...... auth +pap name US

Lose this ------------^^^^^^^^^

You're telling your PPP daemon that you want the other side to
authenticate to *you*, and it's probably not going to do that.

No 'auth', no '+pap', and it'll start working, probably.

-- =

                        Marco van den Bovenkamp.

        IT Network Engineer,

        Lucent Technologies Nederland.
        Room: HVS BZK 38
        Tel.: (+31-35-687)2724

1. Trouble connect Redhat 4.0 with Cisco via PPP PAP authorization

         Here at trouble was formed which I not as can not decide :

         There is CISCO, at which authorizathion  of access of PPP
service.  My  username  US and password PW is carried out through PAP
and Linux RedHat 4.0. I'm write in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets :
---------------------------------------
# User   Server          Password
US       *       PW
---------------------------------------

         Also I start PPPD

pppd connect ...... auth +pap name US

         Authorizathion does not pass, and in log CISCO it be visible,
that RedHat tries to authorize the user US,  and not clearly to
authorize the user Cisco (This name my server CISCO) - and it at him(it)
and does not pass!!!

Isaev Andrey.

2. Samba Question

3. Connecting via PPP witn a PnP modem to an ISP using PAP

4. I need some expert Unix shell advice...

5. How to use PAP to connect via ppp?

6. Problems with YD2.2 (please help)

7. Printing via IBM AIX to a Vt320 attached printer,thats connected via a Cisco 2512

8. replacing high order ascii chars using sed

9. Connecting Linux to Windows NT 4.0 via PPP

10. PPP connects, pap connects, then nothing

11. Trouble connecting Linux RedHat 5.0 to Internet via cable modem.

12. CompuServe PPP dial-up via RedHat 4.0?

13. RedHat Linux 4.0 install via ppp-ftp