Obscure-ish port forwarding problem

Post by jt ol » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 02:50:55

Here's my situation.
I have a potential Mandrake 9.0 Linux Server running behind a
firewall.
It's potential because of just that, for quite a few reasons I am
unable to open ports through the firewall to it.
I can, however, use it to connect to any number of computers outside
the firewall (for example, my computer at my house using ssh).
Here's what I would like to do. I want to be able to, for example,
type in the url of my house computer in some web browser somewhere,
with port 8080, say, and have it forward that connection to the
computer behind the firewall that it is connected to.
Usually, I would just use ssh -R, but the computer I'm trying to
forward connections to doesn't have an open domain name or port to the
outside world, so I can't give ssh a hostname or hostport to forward
to.
There has to be a way to do this.
Does anybody have any ideas?

1. Seemingly obscure port forwarding problem

[...]

2. sysadmsh default drive

3. port forward port 80 to port 8080

4. (2.5.23) buffer layer error at buffer.c:2326

5. HELP Port Forwarding on Linux: Dest Port Known, Source Port High (1024-65535)

6. META EVALUATION

7. IP forwarding is only good for port forwarding of only one IP ?

8. NFS corrupts files to/from SGI

9. xinetd obscure port usage

10. obscure port 873

11. Port forwarding Web port (80)

12. Do I need port forwarding on 25 port to send messages?

13. Unprivileged High Ports with Port Forwarding