Help!! Samba. Permanent mounting

Post by Thomas Rohled » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi there!

I've just set up a Samba server for our LAN and I do smbmount some
ressources on Win95 machines.
Well, everything works fine until the user of the Win95 machine turns off
his computer. Samba does not recognize that the ressource is gone an the
following problems occour:
- when somebody from another windows client want's to access the missing
ressource, their explorer hangs
- when I want to do a 'ls /mnt/win95_dir' ls hangs and can only be
shutdown with SIGKILL.
- when the client joins the net again, samba doesn't recognize that it's
back. The ressources aren't accessible although they are online again.

Has anybody any suggestions how to solve the problem?
Do win95 machines send any messages to the net when going down?

Thanks in advance
Thomas

1. Linux permanent Line (connection two linux machines over a leased line (permanent telephone line)

Hi

I am trying to configure a ppp server to connection two linux machines
together. Aim is to connect two lans and finally make it possible to connect
into the internet through one server.

The leased line (permanen telephone line) is working. I can connect both
machines via minicom, but i am not able to set up the ppp server. If read
the standard howto's and i haven't solved setting up server and client
probably, whether normal ppp-client is working for other accounts.

Any experiences, suggestions? Help would be real great.

thanks in advance for every help

Christian

3. How to set permanent mount point on Solaris ?

4. A Special Offer!

5. How do I make network mappings (mounts?) permanent

6. Hardware clock.

7. "mounted cd-rom" and "mounted samba share" icons on KDE 3.1 desktop

8. Pls help me plan my new system

9. Possible to mount Samba filesys (smbfs) via ordinary 'mount' command?

10. Help : Samba mount

11. Help: Unix no write access to a mounted Linux Samba Share

12. Samba mount help

13. need help: samba mount intruder