X-windows dos server. help

Post by Greg Borzeck » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I was trying to connect my laptop computer to my linux machine as
a X-windows server. I believe that my linux computer's tcp/ip is set
right, but I am not able to access X-windows client via ethernet. Any
advices?

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. ps/2 mouse with doom game?

3. (help) Configuring x-windows server-"fvwm95-2" (help)

4. "history" command

5. Help with Linux (DOS stuff, X-Windows)

6. Please help with querky com4 and modem responces being lost!

7. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

8. Adding second NIC on V480

9. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

10. : Install free X-Windows server on Windows NT Workstation 4.0

11. help w/ X-Windows server

12. AIX PS/2 X-Windows for DOS

13. IBM X-Windows for IBM DOS