PPP -> Shiva lanrover

Post by Steve Bazy » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Anyone happen to have any working scripts to get linux to connect to a
Shiva Lanrover using PPP (adminstrator claims it'll work w/standard PPP
products and not just Shiva's).  I've had very little luck with the
default scripts, and even those that I've modified still run into
problems (either it'll connect and use my default IP address which
doesn't work since packets aren't routed back to me, or it'll try to
negotiate an IP address and fail).

Any assistance would be appreciated

Steven Bazyl

http://cs.bc.edu/~bazyl

   "Skip the  formalities, please.  I've left you a load of work and  you
    don't have all eternity to fiddle with it.  Certainly, 'Thou art God'
    -- but who isn't?"
                                       "Stranger in a Strange Land"
                                       Robert A. Heinlein

PPP -> Shiva lanrover

Post by Patrick Kl » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Anyone happen to have any working scripts to get linux to connect to a
>Shiva Lanrover using PPP (adminstrator claims it'll work w/standard PPP
>products and not just Shiva's).  I've had very little luck with the
>default scripts, and even those that I've modified still run into
>problems (either it'll connect and use my default IP address which
>doesn't work since packets aren't routed back to me, or it'll try to
>negotiate an IP address and fail).

You shouldn't do any scripting when connecting to a Shiva device except
look for the CONNECT string.  Once you see the CONNECT message, you should
just start PPP.  Remember that the Shiva side will insist on your Linux box
doing some form of authentication (PAP or CHAP).  Make sure the Shiva will
accept PAP or CHAP, and not just Shiva's SPAP.

Good luck!

    Klos Technologies, Inc.                Voice: (603) 424-8300
    604 Daniel Webster Highway             FAX:   (603) 424-9300
    Merrimack, New Hampshire  03054        Web:   http://www.klos.com/

1. Linux PPP->Shiva Lanrover

Just curious if anyone has been able to establish a PPP connection to any
of the Shiva lanrover products (believe server is using LanRover/E..not
sure which firmware version...not too old though).  After getting pppd to
recognize username and password, it attempts to request configuration
data from the server, but after making a few attempts, hangs up...Shiva
apparently mentioned that their products don't support true PPP, though
its very similar.  Basically, I'm more or less curious to see if anyone
has patched pppd to be compatable with the Shiva products.

Steven Bazyl

   "Skip the formalities, please.  I've left you a load of work and you
    don't have all eternity to fiddle with it.  Certainly, 'Thou art God'
    -- but who isn't?"
                                       "Stranger in a Strange Land"
                                       Robert A. Heinlein

2. The difference beetwen SCO Unix System V/386 and SCO

3. netatalk w/PPP -> shiva lanrovers

4. OT: The great CRM bullshit - eweek

5. Shiva LanRover ppp connection?

6. HDD power states + kernel

7. Linux, PPP & Shiva LanRover?

8. SCO-Laptop

9. Shiva Lanrover and PPP dialin...

10. PPP to Shiva LanRover from Linux,2

11. Dial-in PPP connection to Shiva Lanrover server from Linux

12. PPP to Shiva LanRover from Linux

13. Linux + Shiva LanRover and ppp