Sendmail

Post by Adrian Pietryg » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone else experienced a timezone problem with sendmail or mail.
If I mail myself a message when logged onto the server the timezone is
+2hours out. If I send a message from an email client on a PC evrything
is fine. the TZ variable is set on the server to GMT. The date command
reports the correct time. I do not know if this is a problem with
Sendmail or mail.

Thanks is advance for any help

Sendmail

Post by Rob Crittend » Tue, 17 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anyone else experienced a timezone problem with sendmail or mail.
>If I mail myself a message when logged onto the server the timezone is
>+2hours out. If I send a message from an email client on a PC evrything
>is fine. the TZ variable is set on the server to GMT. The date command
>reports the correct time.

Check the 'Ot' directive in your sendmail.cf file.  This defines the
time zone functionality.  If it is undefined then it should use system
default.  If defined but null it should use the TZ environment variable
or you can define it using something like OtEST5EDT for East coast US.

It is defined as S#D, where S = abbr for standard time, # = number of hours
local time differs from GMT and the abbr for Daylight savings time.

--
Rob Crittenden
Hughes STX

1. sendmail 8.6.8 and sendmail.cw

As a result of the latest security related postings regarding sendmail,
I've got the sendmail 8.6.8 binary and configuration files (from our local
security group) but I can't find anyone to tell me how to set up
/etc/sendmail.cw for my site. Following the example file, if my machine
were public.x.org, /etc/sendmail.cw would look like:

public.x.org ftp.x.org

My machine, however, has no internet alias. What should be in my
/etc/sendmail.cw?

If you're reading this from comp.mail.sendmail, please respond via e-mail
since this is not one of my regular groups.

2. SOS! URGENT HELP! How can I recover deleted files on a network drive?

3. sendmail SLOWdown (FBSD 4.1 / Sendmail 8.11.0)

4. Sound Blaster 16 w/ CD

5. Sendmail routing to UUCP host on OS5.0.4 (sendmail 8.8.5)

6. How to Determine Socket Connection Lost

7. AmiVIs+Sendmail+Sophos - Need a little help please with sendmail.cf for ..

8. stealth scans

9. mail daemon: smail, sendmail+IDA 5.6.x, Sendmail 8.6.4, umail

10. AIX 4.1 Sendmail; comp.mail.sendmail

11. sendmail queue delays (Sun sendmail, Solaris2.3, SS10)

12. problem in unstanding sendmail/cf SMTP auth (Solaris 8 Sendmail 8.10) Please Explain

13. mail sendmail sendmail.cf problems