NutScrape problem. . .-(

Post by David Kirkpatric » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Ray,
   I got into the thread late.  I think I have the same problem i.e. get
connected then when trying to fetch a URL with Netscape I get
disconnected = hangup, SIGHUP.  Things had been working well then this
started happening.  I can use the NT machines connected to the linux box
via masquerading but not the linux machine to fetch url's with
netscape.  I can ping or ftp on linux but not fetch URL's with
netscape.  Again everything used to work fine - this started happening a
week ago.  I think the ISP has changed something.  How did you correct
your problem?  Which permissions did you modify?
David

--

1. NutScrape problem. . .-(

After hastling with pppd,kppp, and finally getting non-root users the
ability to dial out, now Netscape 6.1 doesn't see the connection.
I dial out, make the connection with my ISP, click on netscape and get an
error message like I'm not connected.
Anyone know anything about this?-|

All help will be greatly appreciated.

-Ray-
Bronx, NY

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

2. DR3 installer trouble on an 8600 ...

3. Nutscrape!!!

4. dualhead with trident cyberblade i7

5. problems, problems, 37.5 GB, problems, 1024, problems...

6. FNG still needs convincing...

7. Installation problems, problems, problems!

8. QUESTION: SunOS and Accounting Software

9. PPP stands for Problem Problem Problem

10. Problems... problems ... more problems

11. Problems, Problems, Problems

12. Problem problem problem

13. Linux died...problems, problems, problems....