I was wondering if people in linux kernel community have any official plans for
supporting emerging TCP/IP offload hardwares? Any pointers and information
is highly appreciated.
1. Need some help with IP/TCP Checksum Offload
I am trying to offload checksum calculation to my hardware. What i am doing in my driver (kernel 2.4.6) is :
dev->features = NETIF_F_IP_CHECKSUM;
Then, in my start_xmit( ) routine, i am parsing for the right headers & when i get the IP/TCP header, i print out the checksum & it is already the right checksum. When does the OS/Protocol offload this task? Am i missing something here?
thanx for your help
Enterprise Connectivity Solutions, AMD
(408) 749-3324 (Work)
* Knowledge becomes wisdom only after it has been put to practical use. *
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
5. Linux support for Network offloading/hardware acceleration
6. Sendmail hangs on boot with null domain name, no DNS
7. seeking how to use TCP Checksum Off-load in my network driver
9. TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO) in 2.4?
11. seeking to use TCP Checksum Off-load in my network driver
12. TCP receive checksum offloading
13. TCP Segmentation Offloading (TSO)