1. Default Windows Manager
I have recently installed RH6.1. I have been playing around with
different windows managers using the GNOME control center tool. I seem
to have managed to change my default to FVWM2, and no matter what I do
with the tool can't get it back to something easier to configure. I
remember seeing an earlier post on this, but can't find it right now.
If my memory is correct, it mentioned a file somewhere listing available
windows managers that RH uses when a user logs in. From what it said,
the top entry in this file is the default manager. Where is the file
located, and what is it called? If I can find that I will give up on
the GUI widget and just manually do it.
I also have somewhat of a newbie question. All of my previous UNIX
experience is with Solaris 2.4 & 2.7, and I have only been a user, not
an administrator. So my accounts always had all sorts of nice files in
them that could be modified to do good things upon loging in (like
.cshrc, .login, .xinitrc, etc...). I don't see any of these in my home
directory. All I see is .bashrc. But I have switched shells from bash
to tcsh. So my question is, should I have those files in my home
directory, and if so are they things that I have to custom create
myself? Currently I am just trying to permanently add things to my
path, but I can forsee other uses in the future.
2. LBX over Term connection
3. How to change the default windows manager ?
4. X/xdm and login classes
5. Change default window manager to 'olvm'
6. [PATCH 2.5] Fix JFFS when procfs is not enabled
7. How to replace TWM by MWM as the default window manager
8. Where's the doc?
9. default windows manager for x?
10. Making enlightenment the default window manager
11. How to switch default window manager?
12. SuSE 5.3 and default window manager
13. Setting the default window manager