Touble getting my Redhat 5.0 ppp running on "Concentric"

Touble getting my Redhat 5.0 ppp running on "Concentric"

Post by Tom » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi
For a couple of years I was running my linux ppp through "Netcom". Their
"expected, sent" login protocall went something like: "ogin: (#login) ,
ord:(password)" . I attempted the same thing with "Concentric", which is
my new ISP. Alas, it does not work. Has anyone out there succeeded?

Thank You
Tom

Touble getting my Redhat 5.0 ppp running on "Concentric"

Post by Thomas gagn » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Have you tried doing it by hand to see what the login script looks
like?  Instead of "login" they may be using something silly like,
"username" or something else.  Good Luck!

1. Can't get "chat" to connect me to "Concentric"

Hi

I recently switched from Netcom to Conecntric as my ISP. The
"Send-Expect" sequence is different with Concentric and I have not been
able to match it in my chat script. I have "gotten in" using "minicom"
by typing in the required information by hand and I believe that I know
what the sequence is that Concentric uses (user:   Password:) but it
still does not work with chat.

Is there a way that I can capture the output of the chat process to an
Xterm, so that I may observe the interaction between chat and
Concentric?

Or, if anyone out there is usung Concentric with Redhat linux, please
give me an example of your script.

Thank You

Tom

2. Limit network traffic

4. Newbie help! Solaris9, ultra5 and LCD moni...

6. bttv and Closed Caption Decoding

7. Looking for somebody who can run "linux REDHAT" in a "77e" monitor.

8. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (4/7) [Frequent posting]

9. telnet, "no route to host", Redhat 5.0, PPP 2.2.0F, IBM Internet Service

10. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

11. " No CDDB Entry" "Error Getting CDDB Entry" ???

12. Getting Sendmail to Read "Reply-To" and "Subject" from file