COM ports

Post by Kari Suome » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Having trouble with setserial in configuring com ports. I need to use
COM3/IRQ5 and COM4/IRQ2. I found references to rc.local and rc.serial,
but can't figure out how to configure them.

rc.serial doesn't exist here yet. Is it ok to create one? What would
the lines be to achieve the above configuration?

 KS

COM ports

Post by Ed Weinbe » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Having trouble with setserial in configuring com ports. I need to use
>COM3/IRQ5 and COM4/IRQ2. I found references to rc.local and rc.serial,
>but can't figure out how to configure them.

>rc.serial doesn't exist here yet. Is it ok to create one? What would
>the lines be to achieve the above configuration?

> KS

for documentation, check out PPP-HOWTO and man setserial.

I call rc.serial (in My RH Linux) from /etc/rc.d/rc.local.
(remember /dev/ttyS0 refers to COM1)
This should be in rc.serial:
/bin/setserial -b /dev/ttyS2 IRQ 5
/bin/setserial -b /dev/ttyS3 IRQ 2

...Your milage may vary...

  --  Ed Weinberg,
      Detel, Inc., An Internet Presence Provider

COM ports

Post by R. Brett Juergen » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Having trouble with setserial in configuring com ports. I need to use
> COM3/IRQ5 and COM4/IRQ2. I found references to rc.local and rc.serial,
> but can't figure out how to configure them.

> rc.serial doesn't exist here yet. Is it ok to create one? What would
> the lines be to achieve the above configuration?

>  KS

Hey Kari do
cat /proc/ioports
and
cat /proc/interrupts
and post the results

1. COM-T redirects COM port to telnet connection

Hi

Has anyone ever used this? I'm looking for it.

I last saw it in the days of Win 3.1 and Trumpet Winsock.

Basically it redirected COMX to a telnet connection.

I'm looking for a WIN95 solution.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Alternatively anything else that will allow WIN9X clients to access a modem on
a FreeBSD Unix box would be great.

Regards,
Irvine Short
Tech Support Professional Computer Manufacturers
Cape Town, South Africa. Email:ishort (at) pcm dot co dot za

2. BSD tty security, part 4: What You Can Look Forward To

3. Virtual windows COM port to linux serial port?

4. IPCHANINS/IP MASQ and Half-Life

5. How to attach to console port of a router via com port ?

6. installing staroffitve beta4

7. How to use com ports 5-8?

8. Clocks and timeservers

9. COM ports switching?

10. Which IRQ/COM port for ISA modem?

11. Using COM port in SCO Unix

12. COM Port Redirector

13. Newbie - How to setup COM port (modem)?