Always online but how?

Post by Kristian Hal » Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:43:43

Hi

I have a Linux Dialin Server (Suse 6.3) and  I would like to make the
Server never go offline that means that the server shouldn't go offline
after a special idletime and that the server should reconnect after a
disconnection e.g. by the ISP.

Thanks for good Hints.

Kristian

Always online but how?

Post by David Efflan » Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:42:24

>Hi

>I have a Linux Dialin Server (Suse 6.3) and  I would like to make the
>Server never go offline that means that the server shouldn't go offline
>after a special idletime and that the server should reconnect after a
>disconnection e.g. by the ISP.

I don't know what Suse uses for a dialer, but you could always use the
'persist' pppd option.  See 'man pppd'.

1. JobConnectEurope & The Contractor's Club Now On-Line, Thousands of IT Jobs On-Line..

JobConnectEurope and The Contractor's Club are now online... Thousands
of Jobs, Both Contract and Permanent for IT Professionals. Don't miss
that Job, Career Move or Contract, register with us now and receive our
latest jobs straight to your mail box.

Register with us now... Its easy, simply go to our site at
Http://www.jobconnecteurope.com/ and fill out the Registration Form.
Once registered you will receive jobs which match your requirements via
email direct to your mail box.  You can amend your details at any time,
you can also mark yourself unavailable from which point you will not
receive any further email until you pop back on line and amend your
status to available.  Its Easy, its simple, its immediate.... Unlike
other job sites we do not sell CV's, you stipulate how you wish to be
contacted. Join us now...

Our Discussion Forum and Virtual Chat areas in The Contractors Club will
be available shortley, for you to discuss issues with other like minded
people. Don't miss it.

See you on-line

Thanks for your time..

Trevor

2. HELP - Compaq NetFlex 3/P Controller

3. Red Hat 6.2= online; 7.0= not online

4. How to increment the number of open files?

5. (?) CGI script not always returning data

6. Help for printing, urgent.

7. why always ppp0?

8. SSI processing of HEADER.html with Apache 1.2.6 ?

9. pppd doesn't always disconnect

10. samba: force LINUX NMB to ALWAYS obtain master browser status

11. Always IN2000

12. gcc reports inernal compiler error: cc1 got fatal signal 11 always!?!

13. KDE always restarting