NFS error: rpc: Program not registered

Post by David Fento » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

When trying to mount an NFS filesystem I get the error rpc: Program not
registered.

Any ideas why?

I have scanned the included documentation but can't seem to find any
references this one?

I am running RedHat 5.2.

-----------------------------

Post by Daniel G. Hyam » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> When trying to mount an NFS filesystem I get the error rpc: Program not
> registered.

> Any ideas why?

> I have scanned the included documentation but can't seem to find any
> references this one?

> I am running RedHat 5.2.

Check your /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow files to make sure
that you haven't denied access by the "portmap" daemon.  If so,
then modify these files appropriately such that access is allowed
from the machine that is attempting to mount the nfs filesystem.

Daniel G. Hyams

phone:  (601) 323-4198

Post by Jim Rober » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> When trying to mount an NFS filesystem I get the error rpc: Program not
> registered.

> Any ideas why?

> I have scanned the included documentation but can't seem to find any
> references this one?

> I am running RedHat 5.2.
SNIP

Dave:

You need to add portmap as a service that is run at boot time.

--
Jim Roberts         Never enough time!

1. NFS ERROR: RPC Program not registered ??

I am trying to NFS mount a remote linux fs by nfs. The filesystem
is exported as such on the remote machine, host1, to local machine,
host2:

/download       host2(rw)

in /etc/exports

When I use:

"mount -t nfs host2:/download /download"

on host2, I get this error:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered.

On the remote system the following deamons are running:

/usr/sbin/rpc.portmap
/usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd

Any clues what is causing this error?

Thanks for any help!

-Borries

2. FreeBSD3.1 Newbie Problems

3. NFS RPC: Program not registered (error)

4. login: only for correct username

5. NFS: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

6. OS server problem

7. Help! NFS mount: RPC: Program not registered

8. screensaver weirdness

9. NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered

10. NFS problem - mount cntupd_create: RPC: Program not registered

11. NFS problem mount: RPC: Program not registered

12. NFS Exporting -- RPC: program not registered.

13. nfs mount -- RPC: Program not registered