NT and Linux PPP with null modems

Post by NJ » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to get a consultant to get PPP connections setup between
NT and Linux
in both directions.  We are starting with null modem connections but
plan to move
to wireless modems that are close to the null modems in functionality.
He is not progressing very fast
and was looking for some extra help. I downloaded some stuff from MSDN
that addressed
some modem.inf issues but was looking for any extra help.

1. Linux - NT ppp using analogue line (null modem driver on nt)

HI,

Hopefully somebody can help me. I've got a analogue leased line with a
Duxbury leased modem at a remote branch, it was connecting between 2 NT
machines over this analogue line using a NULL MODEM driver. I have to
migrate the branch to a linux machine and it has to connect to the NT
machine across this same analogue link using the duxbury modem.

I've been battling the entire day trying to get it going, but dont know how
to set up the connection as a null modem ?
with wvdial I'm connecting to /dev/ttyS0 and I keep getting responses that
"Modem is not responding"
The analogue modem however has connected to the other side as the CD light
is on - I just need to establish a ppp session between this linux machine
and the NT machine.

Please help before I pull all my hair out :)

--
Thanx guys !
Tony

2. OK, so what's the deal with swap...

3. HP ScanJet x300Cse

4. PPP from linux to NT using NULL MODEM and RAS

5. umount : why my Device is busy ?

6. PPP on NT and Linux with null modems

7. securing and optimizing linux v.20 download

8. PPP on NT/Linux with null modems

9. Linux (or NT) to Cisco via null modem cable into 2509 async port

10. PPP problems w. null modem link & Linux

11. Linux <->Null Modem<->Win95 with PPP

12. PPP W95->Linux over Null Modem