Internet Service for Networked Machines

Post by Crai » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Well this probably quite simple, but somehow I'm getting lost. I'm running a
small network of win98 machines tied to a Linux box running RH5.2. I'm using
the latest version of SAMBA and have no problems whatsoever.
Now we want to tie into the Internet using a dial-up connection and be able
to access it from any of the other machines. The kernel has PPP and slip
support. I've installed PPP and can dial into my ISP and connect with no
problem (using PAP protocol).
Here's where I get lost. I've installed the latest version of Diald and have
it configured to dial out. No problem. But when it comes time to send the
PAP login,it just sits till it closes the connection. Which it does just
dandy. I can find no where to enter a PAP login in the diald.conf. It
mentions it in a line about "if you use PAP leave this line Empty" near the
login stuff. Also I cannot figure on where to configure the interface
between modem and network card.
 Maybe I'm just over-engineering this thing, but I'm really stumped. Any
help would be appreciated either directly by email or to the group. Thanks,
Craig