linux ppp

1. Slow linux ppp/fast 95 ppp

Can any tell me why I get considerably slower performance when accessing
www under linux than on 95 (I have a dual boot system).  In netscape I
frequently get "stalled" messages when bringing in web sites and no RD
on my external 33.6K USR modem.

I have obtained stats with ifconfig that indicate  the following:
RX packets: 3747  Errors: 183  Dropped: 183  Overruns: 0
There are no errors for TX packets.

When running 95 I notices much fewer times when RD led is off and the
same web pages come in much faster.

My computer is AMD486-125, 24M.  Any ideas?

-Gene

2. [TRIVIAL] don't let OOM killer kill same process repeatedly

3. Windows NT 3.51 as PPP server and Linux PPP client

4. 1.2.13 patch needed for 2 IDE controllers?

5. Help: Linux ppp to a NETCOM dial-in ppp

6. Q: How to display the Oracle on-line documentation viewer on a PC X-Terminal?

7. Win95's PPP <-> Linux PPP server?

8. 3 hard disk in one PC

9. linux, PPP, AT&T Worldnet - looks like PPP does not start???

10. Linux, PPP and PPP Connection

11. Linux PPP connection with WinNT PPP server?

12. HELP: Win95 ppp vs. Linux ppp

13. PPP help needed to linux ppp server