Linux=>internet via NT-proxy

Post by Roeland Marco Drupste » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,

A friend of mine is trying to access the internet on her Linux
workstation via the NT-proxy on her network. This doesn't
seem to be possible because the Linux station doesn't logon
to the PDC. Is there a possebility to make the NT server grant
the Linux station access to the proxy?

Thank you!

R.M. Drups*

Netherlands

1. Linux --> NT --> MS Proxy Server --> Internet

Hello everyone,

I have a Linux box that is connected to a LAN.  The LAN is connected to
the Internet through an NTS 4.0 box using Microsoft Proxy Server, as we
have only 1 IP address for the entire LAN.

Currently, I cannot make Linux see the Internet.  Netscape 4.03 for
Linux does sees it, though, but only for Web browsing (no mail or
news).   My question is, then, how do I make Linux see the Internet in
this case?

I have tried Socks5 and Squid.  Neither of them worked.  I don=B4t want t=
spend too much time with either because I don=B4t even know for sure that=

they will do what I need them to do.  This is because I don=B4t know what=

is the protocol MS Proxy Server is really using, as it may be some
proprietary mess.

Thanks in advance,

Victor R. Rivarola

2. Multi-platform backups?

3. MS$ NT > Linux Firewall > Internet > MS$ NT PPTP Server

4. Error booting using solaris 2.5.1 cd

5. Linux --> Internet via Win95 Proxy

6. Multiport Firewall/Router Hardware

7. Connecting to Internet VIA NT Server and MS Proxy

8. line by line?

9. FBSD client to internet via NT Server/Proxy

10. win95 -> Linux Proxy -> Internet?

11. Win95 => Linux => Internet via IP-Masq - Any thoughts?

12. FTP via proxy server >>>

13. Windows95,98,NT-->Linux-->Internet routing problems