Need help upgrading sendmail

Post by Ham Radio » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I am currently running 8.8.4 sendmail and would like to goto 8.9.3
sendmail.  I am running slackware 3.1 I believe.  Is there a faq or
can someone give me hints on how to do this???  Thanks.

Need help upgrading sendmail

Post by mist » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I am currently running 8.8.4 sendmail and would like to goto 8.9.3
>sendmail.  I am running slackware 3.1 I believe.  Is there a faq or
>can someone give me hints on how to do this???  Thanks.

There is substantial documentation included in the .tar.gz that you
download.  Go to <URL:http://www.sendmail.org> and get hold of the
latest source.  You might need to play around with the configuration
files but eventually everything should be fine.  There's a large book of
operating instructions included in postscript format, which is nice.

--
Mist.

Try qmail, it's alot simpler to deal with (IMO).   www.qmail.org

Post by Frank Ha » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I am currently running 8.8.4 sendmail and would like to goto 8.9.3
>sendmail.  I am running slackware 3.1 I believe.  Is there a faq or
>can someone give me hints on how to do this???  Thanks.

If you don't want to compile it, you can always just download
the sendmail Slackware package.  Go to ftp.cdrom.com and dig
your way down to the Slackware directories.  The package is
located in the N series of directories.

I'd backup anything important first and then use pkgtool to
remove the old package and then use pkgtool to install the new
package.

--
Frank Hahn

1. AmiVIs+Sendmail+Sophos - Need a little help please with sendmail.cf for ..

Hi,
I have Sophos+AmiVis installed with sendmail 8.9.3, and Sophos. On FreeBSD
2.2

I've got everything working except the sendmail.cf bit.
The instructions with the AmiVIs thing on the website, are pretty simple -
but dont work!

I changed the sendmail.cf to read as they say, but sendmail then complains
that there is no local mailer ?

Does any one have this combination running, and could give me a clue here.

Thanks very much for any help,

Cheers
Robert

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au Clipart And Books
Art, Design and Graphics.

2. System won't reboot without console interaction

3. OS5.0.4/sendmail 8.8.8/sendmail.cf Need help

4. Sync Specs for Evervision monitor??

5. Need help configuring emails (sendmail list was of no help)

6. Recomended ModeLines for SUN-1662B

7. Help. Need help on Kernel Upgrade

8. Question about interval timers/sigalrm

9. Error when sending mail out since upgrade to sendmail 8.12 - help!

10. Help Sendmail. Upgrade to RH5.1

11. Upgrading Solaris-Need to upgrade Progress?

12. Help needed cfg. sendmail w/ ISP

13. I need help w/ sendmail, please!