UDP port broadcasting

Post by Dino Nova » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Situation:

I have a linux box with two network cards on different subnets.

How can I enable LINUX to forward broadcast from the UDP port 137 from one
network to propagate to all other networks.

--
______________________________
  Dino Novak, systems engineer

    ENEL - Split
        Information Systems Design * Computer Systems
        Computer Communications * Engineering

      Poljudsko setaliste b.b. 21000 SPLIT CROATIA
      phone: ++385 (0)21 341-701
                         341-219

UDP port broadcasting

Post by Dino Nova » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Situation:

I have a linux box with two network cards on different subnets.

How can I enable LINUX to forward broadcast from the UDP port 137 from one
network to propagate to all other networks connected to other network cards.

DiNo
--
______________________________
  Dino Novak, systems engineer

    ENEL - Split
        Information Systems Design * Computer Systems
        Computer Communications * Engineering

      Poljudsko setaliste b.b. 21000 SPLIT CROATIA
      phone: ++385 (0)21 341-701
                         341-219

UDP port broadcasting

Post by Graham Philip Cro » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I think I know what problem you are having. You cannot see Samba shares on
other subnets. The standard forwarding / routing system cannot do what you
want, you will need a more sophisticated one. An alternative would be to
make your routers into bridges (kernel compile needed) and sort out the
broadcasts this way. I have not yet gotten around to trying this yet but
let me know how you go please.

Graham Crowe

: Situation:

: I have a linux box with two network cards on different subnets.

: How can I enable LINUX to forward broadcast from the UDP port 137 from one
: network to propagate to all other networks connected to other network cards.

: DiNo
: --
: ______________________________
:   Dino Novak, systems engineer

:     ENEL - Split
:         Information Systems Design * Computer Systems
:         Computer Communications * Engineering

:       Poljudsko setaliste b.b. 21000 SPLIT CROATIA
:       phone: ++385 (0)21 341-701
:                          341-219

--
Christmas:
        A day set apart by some as a time for turkey, presents, cranberry

UDP port broadcasting

Post by Albert K T H » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I think I know what problem you are having. You cannot see Samba shares on
> other subnets.

Consider using lmhosts file.

--
Albert K T Hui                                               _|      _O_
http://avatar.deva.net/                                     / |vatar  |

1. UDP port broadcasting

Situation:

I have a linux box with two network cards on different subnets.

How can I enable LINUX to forward broadcast from the UDP port 137 from one
network to propagate to all other networks connected to other network cards.

DiNo
--
______________________________
  Dino Novak, systems engineer

    ENEL - Split
        Information Systems Design * Computer Systems
        Computer Communications * Engineering

      Poljudsko setaliste b.b. 21000 SPLIT CROATIA
      phone: ++385 (0)21 341-701
                         341-219

2. remote kernel debug

3. Office X broadcasts on UDP port 2222

4. Help: uudemon.clean dumps core

5. UDP Broadcast to port 0 kills SCO OpenServer 5

6. fun with compilers while making make

7. reply to broadcast packets to UDP port 177 (XDM)

8. how to redirect vmstat -p output

9. How to program an UDP port for broadcast?

10. Office X broadcasts on UDP port 2222

11. broadcast packets to UDP port 177 (XDM)

12. Receive broadcast UDP and directed TCP on same port?

13. How to limit source port range for UDP broadcasts?