mgetty+sendfax AutoPPP WTF?

Post by Bruce Lytl » Wed, 20 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I see all kind of stuff about AutoPPP with mgetty. I've got it, compiled
it (with -DAUTOPPP) read the man pages, read the INFO pages, read the
login.config file, and don't get it! WHERE IS THIS DOCUMENTED? If
someone can't point the doc's out, can you tell me just HOW THE HELL
DOES THIS WORK!

Something this useful (?) should be well documented, what I've seen so
far, seems to be nothing more that a tease!

How do you set this up?

Bruce Lytle

mgetty+sendfax AutoPPP WTF?

Post by Peter Rak » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> I see all kind of stuff about AutoPPP with mgetty. I've got it, compiled
> it (with -DAUTOPPP) read the man pages, read the INFO pages, read the
> login.config file, and don't get it! WHERE IS THIS DOCUMENTED? If
> someone can't point the doc's out, can you tell me just HOW THE HELL
> DOES THIS WORK!
> Something this useful (?) should be well documented, what I've seen so
> far, seems to be nothing more that a tease!
> How do you set this up?

Hello,

I have the same problem setting up mgetty and ppp with AutoPPP. The
internals how it works I can't explain too but the dial in to my PC from
outside functioned. But from now on I can't dial-out to a PPP-Server
i.e. to my ISP though I only take ttyS1 for my COM-Port and not
/dev/cuaX for dialout and /dev/ttyX for mgetty.
Can anybody give Bruce and me some advices!

Best regards
Peter

1. mgetty+sendfax 1.0.0 w/ AutoPPP help!

Hi,
    I am getting the mgetty/AutoPPP working fine, but I just wonder
whenever people
dial in how can I let the users can exeute some shell script, so I can get
the
$LOGINNAME variable or whatever ? It seems after user login in thru
the /bin/login, it won't exceute the /etc/profile file, anyway can do it ?

Thank you!
--
Wesley Shih

2. Unix socket faq status report

3. mgetty : autoppp username

4. Trouble printing with Mozilla 1.5b under Solaris 8

5. Mgetty, autoppp and psacct

6. Windoze(NT) has no future! Unix rulez.

7. AutoPPP/mgetty under Redhat 5.1

8. Token Ring driver

9. Mgetty & AutoPPP

10. mgetty/autoppp/winxp

11. redhat 6.0 mgetty and autoppp login

12. idled work with mgetty /AutoPPP/ - @ .... ?

13. mgetty and AutoPPP help pretty please!