PPP load balancing works for incoming but not outgoing???

PPP load balancing works for incoming but not outgoing???

Post by Randy Moo » Sat, 10 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I have PPP eql load balancing setup and running using the drivers built into
kernel 2.0.25.  For incoming traffic (ie downloading) I get nearly full
bandwidth of both modems.  For outgoing transfers, I get data going out of
only one modem (based on transfer speed and watching the modem lights).
Interestingly, returning data seems to come in on the 'other' modem (the one
that is not sending outgoing data).

I have this box setup for IP_forwarding and it is used as a router for a
small network.  I have noticed that this "two channels in, one channel out"
behaviour is the same when the data originates from the linux server itself or
one of it's client workstations.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has seen this same behaviour
OR anyone who can use multiple channels in both directions.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Randy Moore

1. PPP with EQL load balancing works for RX but not TX

Hello all,

I'm using the Slackware96 distribution with the kernel patched upto 2.0.30 and
the pppd-2.2.0f package.

I have PPP doing EQL load balancing on two modems and it works great for
receiving data, but when sending data, only the most recently connected modem
(slave?) sends packets.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Moore

2. opposite to tail

3. Load-Balancing Outgoing Network Connections

4. tcsh for Solaris 2.3

5. tc: balance (incoming) load between router and internal hosts?

6. Dual P3 locking up

7. Incoming fax and outgoing PPP ???

8. Cannot start X server (RH6.1)

9. Linux PPP incoming/outgoing problems

10. osave of outgoing and incoming data by ppp

11. PPP: Does outgoing traffic slow incoming traffic?

12. balance 2.33 - a simple tcp proxy with load balancing and failover

13. load-balanced PPP?