INN remote access via standard login?

Post by David Kosbi » Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Anyone have some idea how we might configure INN (or any other
reasonable nntp server) so that we can access it over the web via our
standard username/password in /etc/shadow (much the way mail works
already)?  Right now we are restricting access (in nnrp.access) via IP
address, but we would like to do away with this and go with user
authentication.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks much.

David Kosbie

1. How can one restrict remote login access to a Solaris 2.6 machine via ssh or ftp?

Hi.  I'm looking for a way to restrict certain users from ssh'ing or
ftp'ing into my Solaris 2.6 box but still allow those same users to log
in at the console.  I also want to allow other users to ssh or ftp into
the same machine.  For example, I would like to be able to ssh into my
machine with my own account and then su to one of the users who isn't
allowed to ssh or ftp into the machine.  That is, I'm looking for a way
to restrict or control remote access to my Solaris 2.6 machine.  Does
anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Angie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. nntp servers serves only indexes

3. remote tape access via NFS?

4. Caldera and Adaptec 2940

5. Network Access via Remote Networks

6. X Window System Security question..

7. netscape via remote login

8. telnet problems

9. CD-ROM, mounted via NFS on a remote machine access denied

10. Connecting to remote host for internet access via PPP-what to do?

11. Connecting a modem for remote access to upload/down load via Kermit

12. Remote logins via xdmcp

13. Remote access via Modem