1. Mail for MY e-mail is acting strange today (no incoming e-mail)
OK, here is a strange one.
along, an SMTP connection to our ISP, and we read e-mail via POP (Outlook
Today, Outlook said it had a Mail Error (Timeout), so I went looking. In
the /usr/spool/mail directory there was a bob.lock file. So I removed it.
Then a bunch of e-mail dumped into bob (over 748mb) and it was repeats upon
repeats. So I moved the file to my home directory under a different name
(mv /usr/spool/mail /u/bob/text.mail) so that it would not interfere with
No deliver will not deliver local mail to bob. Every other user is fine.
SMTP mail is coming in fine. (bob mail is sitting in the local queue -
MMDF) Nothing I do now will allow any mail to go to bob. I removed the
/usr/spool/mail/bob file, and it almost immediately will create a bob file
with zero bytes.
When I do a checkmail -m, it shows all of the queued up bob e-mail showing
as bob:not yet sent
I have run a /usr/mmdf/bin/checkque (nothing abnormal shows).
I have run /usr/mmdf/bin/cleanque /usr/mmdf/bin/cleanlck
We have plenty of free disk space (2.2 gb free) and plenty of free inodes
/usr/sys is mode 755, owned by sys, group sys
I even did a shutdown and restarted the system, and not e-mail will go to
I looked for any strange files in the home directory (/u/bob), nothing.
If I go to a UNIX prompt (logged on as bob) and type mail, it just moves the
cursor down to the next line and hangs. (no error, no nothing). It is like
there is lock file somewhere, but I have not found one.
Thanks for any assistance.
If I am missing anything above, just let me know and I will be glad to post
any further info.
CCS Enterprises, Inc. http://www.ccs.com
P.O. Drawer 1690 Easton MD 21601
(410) 820-4670 FAX: (410) 476-5261
2. Supra 288i PnP modem
3. Sockets & child processes handling incoming calls
4. cd-rw problems
5. mailtool cannot handle more than 2,000 files in incoming folder
6. Multi-Serial Board [Q]
7. function that handles incoming packets after they've been queued by netif_rx
8. Sound Help!
9. Incoming Email filtering question
10. Re-directing incoming email?
11. How to organize lots of incoming email?
12. HOW-TO: Deny Incoming Email from Specific Domains
13. archiving incoming/outgoing emails - procmail recipe needed