Is there a socket like API for PPP in linux ???

Is there a socket like API for PPP in linux ???

Post by sheik ashru » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
    Does the linux or any other operating system provide socket like API
for the Point to Point Protocol (PPP) communication, where in we can
control the dialing, connection establishment, communication of data,
connection termincation etc from the application itself ?

Thanks,
Sheik Ashrub.

Is there a socket like API for PPP in linux ???

Post by Charles Blackbur » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

just use standard the socket api ie: connect, listen etc.

--
Charles Blackburn - ICQ 55023685
Summerfield Technology Limited - Official SuSE Reseller & Sponser of the

WWW:http://www.summerfieldtechnology.co.uk

Quote:> Hi,

Post by James Carlso » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>     Does the linux or any other operating system provide socket like API
> for the Point to Point Protocol (PPP) communication, where in we can
> control the dialing, connection establishment, communication of data,
> connection termincation etc from the application itself ?

No.

--

IronBridge Networks / 55 Hayden Avenue   71.246W   Vox:  +1 781 372 8132
Lexington MA  02421-7996 / USA           42.423N   Fax:  +1 781 372 8090