IPPORTFW on Red Hat 6.1?

Post by Tulse X. Lupe » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi, I've read the online documentation regarding port forwarding and
ipchains, but I'm a little confused... Under the instructions for
2.2.x kernels, it ways I need to modify /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall,
but this does not exist on the host in question. Doing a uname
I get:

Linux [host name] 2.2.12-20smp #1 SMP Mon Sep 27 10:34:45 EDT 1999 i686 unknown

which means the kernel is 2.2.12, yes? Is there an installation option
that has been missed? (ipchains is available, however) And
before I go down this track too far, any thoughts on the usability of
IPPORTFW for Citrix UDP and TCP/IP connections? (We want to hide a
Citrix/NT app behind our Linux front-end box.)

Many thanks! Email copies of replies appreciated.

 "I see it: hell-wind, titan blur, black wings, the three-lobed burning eye..."
------------------------------------- Tulse Luper: 92 skittish siskins in VUE.

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Sony FunMail video capture hardware

3. ATI Rage Mobility and Red Hat 6.1

4. cont open /dev/diskette

5. Installation Problem Linux Red Hat 6.1

6. VPN solution

7. Red Hat 6.1 on GTE WorldWind Cable Modem

8. pipes under HP-UX

9. Red Hat Linux 6.1

10. red hat 6.1 install problems

11. Linux Red Hat 6.1 Install SuSE Server HELP!

12. libdb.so.1 on Red Hat 6.1?

13. Red Hat 6.1 Networking Wretchedness