w and wtmp under RH 6.1

Post by Max » Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm having trouble with RH 6.1, because not all the users logged on the
machine are shown typing the w command. In particular, the ones logged
physically on the machine (in their X session) don't show up at all.
Also, when I try to open a talk session with somebody logged on I get
the answer: your party is not logged on, when actually with ps I can see
plenty of xterms open! I don't know if it's a networking problem, the
wtmp doesn't log the X sessions at all. With RH 6.0 all was fine...

Best regards, thanks to anyone will answer

  Max

1. RH 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1 Freeze on Install

Metrobook II  Laptop -
    233 mHz PII
    80MB RAM
    Logitech GlidePoint touch pad
    TEAC CD220E CDROM drive
    1.4 GB HDD

I try to install RH 6.1 from CD from the new RHEA-044 boot disk.  It
says it finds a PS/2 port (is this the touch pad?).

If I give no parameters to the boot: prompt, it continues to read the
CD, the screen turns blue, it continues to read the CD and then it
freezes.  The only way out is the power switch.

If I give "text" to the boot: prompt, it reads the CD, offers me a
choice of languages and freezes.

With Mandrake, I can choose language and keyboard and the CD is read for
all the packages.  It says something like "some sort of PS/2 device
found on psaux" and freezes.

I've searched the "linux on a laptop" sites and can't fine the Metrobook
mentioned.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
____________

Sr. Software Engineer
Fluke Corporation - Networks Division
  (formerly Communications Technology Corp)
Dallas, Texas

2. SNORT

3. can't burn CDs after uprgrading from RH 6.1 to RH 7.2

4. Oops on reboot in device_remove_file

5. Restoring user's passwords after RH 5.2 -> RH 6.1 refit

6. Slackware 2.1.0 boot trouble: Error 0x02 (Cause: Floppy error)

7. Linux RH 6.1 GPL or Linux RH Standard?

8. C++, forking, and talking between parent/child processes

9. Upgrading from RH 5.2 to RH 6.1 Problems

10. How painful is it to upgrade from RH 4.2 to RH 6.1?

11. RH 7.1 crashes under heavy disk load, RH 6.1 works fine

12. Upgrade RH 5.2 -> RH 6.1

13. Xircom CE3 RH 6.1 (Worked in RH 5.1)