PPP connection to 3com AccessBuilder

Post by <. » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

My company has installed a call-back service with the AccessBuilder
from 3com. Call-back works fine and I can say PPP to start the server.
Then I start
   "pppd detach defaultroute noipdefault -debug kdebug 2 ... ".
The daemon sends request to the server, but with no response.
I dont't think that it is a problem with my network, modem or the pppd setup,
since everything works fine when contacting my internet provider.
Can header compression cause these problems?

TIA

Torsten Manz

1. RH5.1 PPP connection: PPP connection persists, telnet session times out

Ever since I installed RH 5.1 when I connect to an NT Server modem
port and authenticate with PAP/CHAP the physical line connection stays
up as before (5.0) but any telnet session to Unix machines on the same
network time out on inactivity in predictably 2 minutes and 10
seconds.  Since I had no such problems prior to 5.1 I'm wondering why
this is a different animal.  Also it does not help to ping the same
server on a 10 second interval -- the ping keeps on going but again
any telnet session times out.

Would be glad to supply any additional info.  I realize that this is
pretty sketchy but I'm not sure what sort of info would assist.

Thanks,
Kurt Berg

2. Solaris LP system help needed

3. Ask ppp-on and ppp-on-dialer for ppp connection

4. error starting lum..

5. ppp connection terminates after connection established

6. Anyone know what happened to rep-gtk-gnome port

7. ISP connection sharing via a PPP connection with NULL-MODEM

8. CD Distributions

9. ppp: howto trace connection speed /connection time?

10. PPP/SLIP connection from NT to SCO Unix through direct cable connection

11. PPP connection works well ,while SLIP connection doesn't work,why and how?

12. Finger's Idle time on incoming PPP connections - what's the connection?

13. Lost Connections with modem connections (ppp)