need help ppp setup

need help ppp setup

Post by Greg » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00



Have you set your pap secrets file as per manual. It looks like your ISP
is wanting a pap login. You may need to take out both login name
and password out of your script to start pppd and let pap do the
work.

Greg.


>May 22 22:06:54 hood chat[11085]: send ( ogin: mylogin assword: mypwd dc^M)
>May 22 22:06:54 hood pppd[11084]: Serial connection established.
>May 22 22:06:55 hood pppd[11084]: Using interface ppp0
>May 22 22:06:55 hood pppd[11084]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cua1
>May 22 22:06:55 hood pppd[11084]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <magic
>0xe9636845> <pcomp> <accomp>]
>May 22 22:06:58 hood pppd[11084]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <magic
>0xe9636845> <pcomp> <accomp>]
>May 22 22:06:59 hood pppd[11084]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 1500>
><asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x24b93089> <pcomp> <accomp> <auth pap>]
>nesman

 
 
 

need help ppp setup

Post by Clifford Ki » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00


: can't complete conn something about "No network protocols running", ppp log
: follows:

: May 22 22:06:33 hood pppd[11084]: pppd 2.3.5 started by root, uid 0
: May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: send (AT^M)
: May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: expect (OK)
: May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: AT^M^M
: May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: OK
: May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]:  -- got it
: May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: send (ATDxxxxxxxx^M)
: May 22 22:06:35 hood chat[11085]: expect (CONNECT)
: May 22 22:06:35 hood chat[11085]: ^M
: May 22 22:06:54 hood chat[11085]: ATD2578531^M^M
: May 22 22:06:54 hood chat[11085]: CONNECT
: May 22 22:06:54 hood chat[11085]:  -- got it
: May 22 22:06:54 hood chat[11085]: send ( ogin: mylogin assword: mypwd dc^M)

Your chat script needs fixing.  Here you send things, ogin: and assword:,
that need to be "expects" in the chat expect/sends.  Actually you
can also remove the scripted login/password and configure for PAP as
suggest by another reply.  In fact you may well _have_ to do PAP or
CHAP authentication.

--

/* I gave up on politics when no matter who I voted for, I regretted it.
 *    -- Pepper...and Salt, WSJ */

 
 
 

need help ppp setup

Post by Ron Fodo » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00


I just figured this part out myself.  Put the following in your pap-secrets
file and also in your chap-secrets file.

<yourusername>    *   <yourpassword>     *

That will make it logon.

Then you can fight the next problem (where I am) ........ connected but wont
talk to the network.  I can ping out but get no responses, I can ping myself
and it works fine.

Anyone with any ideas?  I would sure appreciate the help.

Quote:> hi,
> can't complete conn something about "No network protocols running", ppp
log
> follows:

> May 22 22:06:33 hood pppd[11084]: pppd 2.3.5 started by root, uid 0
> May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: send (AT^M)
> May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: expect (OK)
> May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: AT^M^M
> May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: OK
> May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]:  -- got it
> May 22 22:06:34 hood chat[11085]: send (ATDxxxxxxxx^M)
> May 22 22:06:35 hood chat[11085]: expect (CONNECT)
> May 22 22:06:35 hood chat[11085]: ^M
> May 22 22:06:54 hood chat[11085]: ATD2578531^M^M
> May 22 22:06:54 hood chat[11085]: CONNECT
> May 22 22:06:54 hood chat[11085]:  -- got it
> May 22 22:06:54 hood chat[11085]: send ( ogin: mylogin assword: mypwd
dc^M)
> May 22 22:06:54 hood pppd[11084]: Serial connection established.
> May 22 22:06:55 hood pppd[11084]: Using interface ppp0
> May 22 22:06:55 hood pppd[11084]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cua1
> May 22 22:06:55 hood pppd[11084]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <magic
> 0xe9636845> <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May 22 22:06:58 hood pppd[11084]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <magic
> 0xe9636845> <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May 22 22:06:59 hood pppd[11084]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 1500>
> <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x24b93089> <pcomp> <accomp> <auth pap>]
> May 22 22:06:59 hood pppd[11084]: sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 <auth pap>]
> May 22 22:06:59 hood pppd[11084]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 <mru 1500>
> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth chap 05> <magic 0x24b93089> <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May 22 22:06:59 hood pppd[11084]: sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x2 <auth chap 05>]
> May 22 22:06:59 hood pppd[11084]: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x3 <mru 1500>
> <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x24b93089> <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May 22 22:06:59 hood pppd[11084]: sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x3 <mru 1500>
> <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x24b93089> <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May 22 22:07:01 hood pppd[11084]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <magic
> 0xe9636845> <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May 22 22:07:02 hood pppd[11084]: rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <magic
> 0xe9636845> <pcomp> <accomp>]
> May 22 22:07:02 hood pppd[11084]: sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr 0.0.0.0>
> <compress VJ 0f 01>]
> May 22 22:07:29 hood last message repeated 9 times
> May 22 22:07:32 hood pppd[11084]: IPCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

> May 22 22:07:32 hood pppd[11084]: sent [LCP TermReq id=0x2 "No network
> protocols running"]
> May 22 22:07:32 hood pppd[11084]: rcvd [LCP TermAck id=0x4]
> May 22 22:07:32 hood pppd[11084]: Connection terminated.
> May 22 22:07:32 hood pppd[11084]: Hangup (SIGHUP)
> May 22 22:07:32 hood pppd[11084]: Exit.

> sorry about the long attachment...some people see every details in these
> lines...what am i missing? i think i have protocols 'cuz i can
ping...thanks

> nesman