Cisco Aironet 350 PCI & kernel 2.6.5

Post by P » Thu, 27 May 2004 09:01:01

Has anyone been able to get a Cisco Aironet 350 wireless PCI adapter
working with kernel 2.6?  My problem seems to be that the adapter
isn't recognized by the system, so don't think it's a driver issue.
Saw where someone said that Hotplug needs to be enabled in the kernel
- checked mine & it is.  I'm using firmware version 4.25.30, so this
should not be an issue.  Have tried upgrading RH 9.0 to Fedora core 2
and clean install of Fedora core 2.  Both ways - the card is not
recognized. Have tried Cisco driver and airo driver from Sourceforge
site, but it doesn't really seem to be a driver issue.  Adapter works
fine with RH 9.0.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

1. Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless PCI 802.11 card - problems!

Hello All:

I am having much difficulties getting a Cisco Aironet 350 Wirless PCI
card to work under linux.  The "PCI" card is really a pci card with a
socket which holds the pcmcia card.

Cisco has drivers for linux on their website.  They list 3 possible
ways to install the drivers and get the card to work.  I am installing
this card in a machine with a fresh install of Redhat 7.1.

brief description of Ciscos 3 install methods.
1)   Use their pre-compiled binaries for Redhat 7.1
2)  Patch your pristine redhat 7.1 kernel sources and compile to
create the modules you need
3)  remove pcmcia support from the kernel.  Download a recent version
of the pcmcia-cs package.  Replace the airo module sources with the
new cisco sources, compile and install.

None of these methods seems to work for me.  It is not that I have any
trouble performing the steps, but pcmcia support never loads and if I
load the airo.o driver manually it loads but locks the machine up.  I
have tried this card in two different machines.

Has anyone successfully configured and setup a Cisco 350 aironet PCI
card?  I would appreciate your experiences.

Cheers!

Jim McCormack

2. what to LINKLIB

3. Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card. Which chipset?

4. LILO boot loader problems

5. Cisco Aironet 350 HELP!

6. Ghostscrip fonts

7. Cisco Aironet 350 series wireless NIC

8. Solaris remote console server available for FTP

9. Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter

10. sniffing 802.11with Cisco Aironet 350

11. Please help on installing CISCO Aironet 350 PCMCIA Wireless on RH8

12. Cisco Aironet 350 pc card - bcard clears settings.

13. Cisco Aironet 350 Setup on Slackware 8.0