Streams-pseudo network interface.

Post by Ravi » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi -
I am wondering if a pseudo ethernet interface is implemented using Linux
streams. I am interested to get my hands on it.
Thanks for any help.
- Ravi.

1. STREAMS message from pseudo-device to pseudo-device

Hi everybody,

I have a kernel device driver programming related question for Solaris
2.6.

We have a packet classifier which sits between the IP pseudo-driver
and the network interface driver.

We need to send an unacknowledged message from the IP driver to our
classifier so as to pass on connection setup information. The classifier
is implemented as a pseudo device driver. We have plumbed the classifier
beneath IP, and now need a way to send M_PROTO messages from the IP driver
to the classifier. We have saved up the address of the device write queue
of our classifier in a global variable, but a putnext of a message from IP
onto the classifier's device write queue causes the machine to crash.

(1) In short, is there a way for M_PROTO messages to be transmitted from
IP to our classifier beneath it.

(2) Is there a way to set up a STREAM between two kernel pseudo device
drivers?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Regards,
ravi

2. Using Linksys Wireless USB in RH 8

3. iproute2 and pseudo network interfaces

4. minimal 2.2 system for mobile mp3 play?

5. STREAMS module between IP & Network Interface

6. dxpc and SGI's

7. Transport Layer Interface and Streams Interface

8. Aging Alpha Box & Linux Options

9. Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

10. Adding STREAMS-based pseudo-ttys

11. Pseudo Streams Driver On Solaris

12. DLPI Stream Pseudo Driver Problem

13. STREAMS using pseudo-ttys.