brcfg (bridging) - anyone seen ?

Post by Iain Fento » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen the "brcfg" bridging program, as seen in the "Bridging
MiniHOWTO" documents on LDP ?  I am looking either for this tool, which
does not seem to be avilable any more, or other info on using a Linux PC
as a bridge/switch.

Thanks,

Iain Fenton.

brcfg (bridging) - anyone seen ?

Post by Susie W. Ch » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

It is at:

   ftp.gwdg.de:81/pub/linux/shadow.cabi.net/

Thanks,
---Susie

> Hi guys,

> Has anyone seen the "brcfg" bridging program, as seen in the "Bridging
> MiniHOWTO" documents on LDP ?  I am looking either for this tool, which
> does not seem to be avilable any more, or other info on using a Linux PC
> as a bridge/switch.

> Thanks,

> Iain Fenton.

1. ethernet bridge bridge (brcfg), help!

I'm trying to set up a bridge between a 100basetx and 10baset network.
For right now I'm testing it with both cards in 10baset mode between 2
computers.  Both cards are set up and detected fine, if config just
lists 0.0.0.0 as their ips, and brcfg lists both cards as its ports.
I can't see the computer on the other side of the bridge though.  I've
read the bridgeing mini-howto, and done what it says..  with the
excepion of the thing about how to remove the IP adderesses from the
interfaces (I'm running slakware, their example is for redhat)
although I did comment out the eth0 stuff in rc.inet1

 Anyone have any ideas? :)

to prevent spam

2. HP35480A and ole 2.4

3. Bridging using BRCFG?

4. ipxripd and kernel 2.2.x

5. bridge with brcfg wireless aironet

6. USB to 4 RS-232 linux device

7. brcfg to block TCP/IP packets over Linux bridge?

8. AIX vs. HP-UX

9. Anyone ever seen this ???

10. Anyone else seen VM related oops on 2.4.18?

11. Has anyone seen this before???

12. Anyone Ever seen AIX on PowerPC Embedded Platforms?

13. Anyone seen a php4.0.5 ppc rpm on their travels?