RARPD FOR LINUX

Post by Robert Ruse » Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have searched all over the place but have not been successful in finding
RARPD for Linux.  This is very disappointing since I found tons of RARPD
for NetBSD.  I need RARPD in order to boot up my SUN 3/60 workstation. Can
anyone point me to where I can get RARPD or even the source for it.

Thanks in advance.

Robert Rusek

RARPD FOR LINUX

Post by Mike Fris » Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>I have searched all over the place but have not been successful in finding
>RARPD for Linux.  This is very disappointing since I found tons of RARPD
>for NetBSD.  I need RARPD in order to boot up my SUN 3/60 workstation. Can
>anyone point me to where I can get RARPD or even the source for it.

        It's a compilation option in the kernel config and has been for
as long as I can remember.

        I've successfully booted a SPARCstation IPC and a Sun 4/110 from
a Linux box using it's rarpd and tftpd.

Mike.

Mike Frisch                                        (416) 496-2200 Ext. 2272
Software Engineer
Hummingbird Communications Ltd.                 North York, Ontario, Canada

            Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not my employer

1. Rarpd for Linux?

Does anyone know of the where-abouts of a RARPD for Linux??
I've checked sunsite, tsx-11, etc, and I can't find one
pre-compiled. Nor have I had any success in compiling one which
I found using archie :-(

Jon.
--

  \\ DISCLAIMER: All opinions my own, & nowt to do with my employer \

2. Gigabit ethernet

3. Rarpd from linux - how

4. Solaris Certifed SysAdmin Questions

5. Need rarpd for Linux

6. problems running x server with samsung 900p monitor

7. rarpd with Linux

8. divvy / NON FS / filesystem problem

9. RARPD for Linux v1.2++ binaries + Source. WHERE??

10. RARPD for Linux

11. Linux/Sun RARPD

12. Booting diskless from Linux (rarpd)

13. rarpd under Redhat Linux 5.1