HELP: Sound Blaster 16 PnP KILLS NE2000 Clone

HELP: Sound Blaster 16 PnP KILLS NE2000 Clone

Post by Brad Norma » Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I just built an ASUS P55T2P4 based machine with Sound Blaster 16 PnP
and a Linksys Ether16 LAN card.

During boot-up Linux sees the NE2000 clone fine at 0300 irq 3.
The network works fine.  I can Telnet and use Netscape fine.

The PROBLEM is when I play a CD, the my network connection DIES!
I get the following error:
   eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy.

In order to get sound I am using isapnptools and loading sound
as a module.  The SB is using irq 5 and 10 for the unused IDE port.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks Brad Norman

Post by William R. Matti » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I just built an ASUS P55T2P4 based machine with Sound Blaster 16 PnP
> and a Linksys Ether16 LAN card.

> During boot-up Linux sees the NE2000 clone fine at 0300 irq 3.
> The network works fine.  I can Telnet and use Netscape fine.

> The PROBLEM is when I play a CD, the my network connection DIES!
> I get the following error:
>    eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy.

> In order to get sound I am using isapnptools and loading sound
> as a module.  The SB is using irq 5 and 10 for the unused IDE port.

> Any ideas appreciated.

> Thanks Brad Norman

Try moving the NE2000's address from 0300 to something else.
It worked for me. PS I wouldn't waste IRQ3 on it either. Move it to
IRQ 10 maybe. Serial ports are *too* valuable.

Regards
Bill
--
William R. Mattil

(972) 256-3219

HELP: Sound Blaster 16 PnP KILLS NE2000 Clone

Post by bnorma » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> > The PROBLEM is when I play a CD, the my network connection DIES!
> > I get the following error:
> >    eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy.
> Try moving the NE2000's address from 0300 to something else.
> It worked for me. PS I wouldn't waste IRQ3 on it either. Move it to
> IRQ 10 maybe. Serial ports are *too* valuable.

Changed the address to 0340 and bingo both work.  Thanks for
the quick and correct post.

Brad

Post by Rodney van den Oev » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>I just built an ASUS P55T2P4 based machine with Sound Blaster 16 PnP
>and a Linksys Ether16 LAN card.

>During boot-up Linux sees the NE2000 clone fine at 0300 irq 3.
>The network works fine.  I can Telnet and use Netscape fine.

>The PROBLEM is when I play a CD, the my network connection DIES!
>I get the following error:
>   eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy.

>In order to get sound I am using isapnptools and loading sound
>as a module.  The SB is using irq 5 and 10 for the unused IDE port.

Disable the IDE-port on the SB and use IRQ10 for the NE2000 card.

1. HELP: Sound Blaster 16 PnP KILLS NE2000 Clone!

I just built an ASUS P55T2P4 based machine with Sound Blaster 16 PnP
and a Linksys Ether16 LAN card.

During boot-up Linux sees the NE2000 clone fine at 0300 irq 3.
The network works fine.  I can Telnet and use Netscape fine.

The PROBLEM is when I play a CD, the my network connection DIES!
I get the following error:
   eth0: trigger_send() called with the transmitter busy.

In order to get sound I am using isapnptools and loading sound
as a module.  The SB is using irq 5 and 10 for the unused IDE port.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks Brad Norman

2. Partition Philosphy??!!??

3. Linux and Sound Blaster 16 PnP ...HELP......please

4. SUBSCRIBE

5. SB 16 PnP: 8-bit sound works, 16-bit sound broken?

6. apcupsd and masterswitch plus

7. Sound Blaster 16 PnP Problem

8. Re BSD tty watcher (again)

9. Sound Blaster Vibra 16 PNP problem

10. Sound Blaster Vibra 16 PNP Problem

11. Sound Blaster 16 PnP x Creative CD-ROM 4x PC2 Question

12. Linux and PnP Sound Blaster 16?

13. Sound Blaster 16 value PnP or NewCom HiFi 16i