Sparc2 with 2nd ethernet adapter ??

Post by Steve Scot » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
I have a Sparc2 with a Redhat4.1 installation (kernal 2.0.27)
I installed a Sun 501-1450 Sbus card as a 2nd ethernet interface.
at boottime, the prom (ver 2) recognizes it, and so does the kernel,
eth0, eth1....although same mac address, heard this was ok tho'.
Eth0 (onboard) works fine.
Can not get eth1 to work

I know how to set up an interface,networks,  static routing, etc.
Anyone tried this with the 501-1450 ?    Any hardware related tips I
missed?

--
Steve Scott

http://www.tiac.net/users/scotty

1. Unable to boot Sparc2.6 after installed Sparc2.7

Greeting, I have Sun Ultra 10 Sparc system. After install sparc 2.7
evalution copy on a new HD, my system is now having problem to boot
from the original HD with 2.6 Sparc Solaris. The error message is as
follow:

Can't read disk label
Can't open disk label package

cprbooter cpr boot
Can't read disk Label.
Can't open disk label package

Now I can only boot the HD with Solaris 2.7 OS, the HD with Solaris 2.6
is no longer bootable. Above message is the problem i am having.

My goal is to have two OSs, Sparc2.6 and Sparc2.7, running on my Ultra
Sparc 10 and swapping the HDs when I need to running from one of these
OSs.

I wonder if anyone has smiliar problem and how I could resolve this
problem.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.. Thx

Vincent Shyu

2. Samba smbmount for Solaris 2.6 & 8

3. no signal from sparc2 on 3com fast ethernet hub

4. Shared Memory

5. Network adapter compatability HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter

6. A few problems...

7. RH51, ETHERNET: IBM ISA Ethernet adapter help!

8. Anybody can recommend a cheap and reliable external modem to work with liux?

9. Ethernet adapter in promiscuous mode on switched ethernet?

10. Adding SCSI adapter causes 2nd IDE drive to disappear?

11. Mitsumi FX-400 CD-ROM on 2nd IDE Adapter

12. Scanner not recognizes on 2nd SCSI host adapter board

13. Adding a hard drive to 2nd SCSI adaptor