Webserver Whoas

Post by Jeff Johnso » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I recently devoted a hard drive and some time to setting up a Mandrake-Linux
6.0 machine so that I could create a webserver using Apache 1.3, that comes
with it. So far all is working well and I have even viewed pages from my
webserver using it's IP address. I still need a lot of webserver specific
info to finish the job. It
seems that "linuxconf" can control many of the settings but I don't really
know how to set them or what is needed. Can anyone suggest a book or other
docs that explain EXACTLY how to configure Apache and related programs for
virtual hosting, firewall protection, SSL secure pages, RealAudio and other
MIME types, DNS, and many other related items, to setup a
working and secure webserver?
Thanks,

Jeff Johnson