accessing microsoft exchange server fro linux

accessing microsoft exchange server fro linux

Post by Kobi Alfandar » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Does anybody know how can i read my mail that is stored on microsoft
excahnge server from linux ?

Kobi

accessing microsoft exchange server fro linux

Post by Ross Crawfor » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

You'll have to set up Exchange to allow reading using POP or IMAP. There are
many programs available that can then grab the mail.

HTH

ROSCO

Quote:> Does anybody know how can i read my mail that is stored on microsoft

Post by John Hardi » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>Does anybody know how can i read my mail that is stored on microsoft
>excahnge server from linux ?

The HP OpenMail product is supposedly Exchange-compliant. Note that
it's a server, but it does come with a client. It's vaguely possible
that you could use this client to access an Exchange post office.

--

 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin
 768: 0x41EA94F5 - A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76

accessing microsoft exchange server fro linux

Post by ri.. » Sun, 14 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> The HP OpenMail product is supposedly Exchange-compliant. Note that
> it's a server, but it does come with a client. It's vaguely possible
> that you could use this client to access an Exchange post office.

Sorry, no. Our OpenMail clients connect to the OpenMail server only.
What we have is the ability to connect Outlook to an OpenMail server,
and not lose all the cool extra features.

OpenMail runs on Linux, HP-UX, Solaris and AIX.

I second the suggestion of using a POP or IMAP client. Alternatively,
you may find the Exchange web client ("Outlook Web Access") more to your
liking. That should work with Netscape on your Linux box.

richi.
--

 OpenMail Technical Product Manager       http://www.hp.com/go/openmail

                                                           aolim:richij
       "Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by John Hardi » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>> The HP OpenMail product is supposedly Exchange-compliant. Note that
>> it's a server, but it does come with a client. It's vaguely
possible
>> that you could use this client to access an Exchange post office.

>Sorry, no. Our OpenMail clients connect to the OpenMail server only.
>What we have is the ability to connect Outlook to an OpenMail server,
>and not lose all the cool extra features.

>richi.
>--

(T316-5870)
> OpenMail Technical Product Manager

http://www.hp.com/go/openmail
Quote:> Hewlett-Packard Company                   Pager:

Ooh! Straight from the horse's mouth! Thanks for the authoritative
answer.

May I ask whether you know if the calendaring/group scheduling
features in Outlook are based on standard protocols, and if so, where
the protocol documentation may be found?

Thanks.

--

 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin
 768: 0x41EA94F5 - A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76
 1024: 0xB8732E79 - 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
-
"Our sense is that most of the viewers with money or an education have
 cable, VCRs, laserdisks, and they watch those instead of the
networks.
 Our programming more and more will have to turn to those who don't
 have any real education or money for other programming options."
                                 -- anonymous Network Suit, to JMS

accessing microsoft exchange server fro linux

Post by ri.. » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Ooh! Straight from the horse's mouth!

They wanted to make me mayor, but I refused to have operation. (Sorry,
the old ones are the best.)

Quote:> Thanks for the authoritative answer.

No sweat.

Quote:> May I ask whether you know if the calendaring/group scheduling
> features in Outlook are based on standard protocols, and if so, where
> the protocol documentation may be found?

Short answer: they're not.

Long answer: Outlook's calendaring functionality is too rich for the
current draft set of CALSH specs (iCal and the rest). Over time, we
expect that HP and MS will move to supporting the CALSH standards, but
right now, we feel it's too soon.

richi.