I cant seem to find concise information on doing this, I wish to have a
ftp server on a box behind a dynalink dsl router and a firewall/gateway
that uses iptables. Any help, pointers to TFM etc, appreciated.
I had (once upon a time) setup a linux fw w/ iptables and a ftp server on a
private net behind the NAT f/w.
I can't remember the exact config but what I remember is:
1. Internal ftp server was pure-ftpd, config such that it listens on port
21, and random portrange between 50000-55000 (for data connection) Check
pureftpd docs for details
2. The firewall will forward connects to port 21 to the internal server port
21 and will forward range 50000-55000 RELATED ESTABLISHED ONLY connects to
inside. (Check iptables doc on ways to do that)
It worked quite well.
> regards max
1. FTP server behind linux firewall communicating w/ FTP behind linux firewall
I have a Windows-based FTP server (G6) behind a linux firewall box
running ipchain and ipmasqadm portfw rules to enable communication
with the out side world. I can connect to this server from the
outside, but PASV doesn't work. I have rules that allow ports above
1023 for the PASV traffic and I also had put the FTP server on a
haigher port other than 21. I portfw'd the same port through to the
internal Windows machine running the ftp server as well as forwarding
the ftp-data. I have the ip_masq_ftp module loaded. I'm not sure why
PASV doesn't work.
Also, the other thing I'm trying to get working is communicating with
this same FTP server from a client within another linux-firewalled
(also using ipchains and portfw rules) LAN. I can connect, but can't
get any data transfers going, including directory listings, using
either PASV or regular FTP. I'm not sure if I should be forwarding
ftp-data to the internal machine running the ftp client.
What I ultimately want to do is be able to connect from a client
within on linux firewalled LAN to an ftp server inside another linux
firewalled LAN on a non-standard port and using PASV if possible. Any
help would be appreciated.
3. FTP server behind on firewall FTP client behind another
4. SWiM FileSelectionDialog problem
5. FTP Server Behind Firewall/Router
6. Does AIX's xntpd support Reference Clocks?
7. Need help w/HTTP server behind DSL router
8. NFS timeouts
9. need help to setup wireless router behind another firewall
10. Linux firewall behind Cisco DSL Router
11. firewall behind dsl-router?
12. FTP - Client and FTP server behind firewalls
13. Help with FTP server behind Firewall