1. I seem to be having making my soundcard work in duplex mode
I have been struggling with this issue for a while now. It looks like I
able to use my soundcard in duplex mode. I have Redhat 7.0 running on
a compaq workstation using the built-in soundblaster card with OSS sound
drivers. I am able to read and write to /dev/dsp if I do so separately.
I try to alternate reads and writes then I get a wierd clicking noise
on the speaker - but
the recording happens. Could someone tell me what is happening here -
I get to play and record at the same time? Thank you very much!!!
Here is the program I wrote to demonstrate the problem:
int blockSize = 4096;
FILE *readFP, *writeFP;
char buf1, buf2;
int bytesRead, retVal;
if ((dspFD = open("/dev/dsp", O_RDWR)) == -1)
fprintf(stderr,"Cannot open /dev/dsp. Do you have permision?\n");
// Open the song file that I want to play on the speaker
if ((readFP = fopen("/tmp/songtoplay", "r")) == NULL)
printf("failed to open read file\n");
//Open the file where I will store the recording from the mic
if ((writeFP = fopen("/tmp/recording", "w")) == NULL)
printf("failed to open write file\n");
bytesRead=read(dspFD, buf1, blockSize);
fwrite(buf1, bytesRead, 1, writeFP);
fread(buf2,320, 1, readFP);
if ((retVal = write(dspFD, buf2, 320)) == -1)
printf("failed to write DSP\n");
fseek(readFP,0, SEEK_SET); // reset the file pointer
2. Kernel Compilation
3. NV. Anyone using it for CuSeeMe?
4. kde and sound
5. Anyone know the cuseeme protocol or where to find it?
6. Third part peripherals and boards
7. Anyone made a Soundscape PnP work?
8. Netscape enterprise server logging
9. Anyone made a Trantor T160/T260 work???
10. Iomega ZIP SCSI internal, anyone made one work?
11. Has anyone made Cisco's CDDI or FDDI adapter work under Linux?
12. Anyone has made a Wangtek 6130-6200HS to work with linux?
13. Anyone made a Tranto T160/T260 SCSI board work??