wu-ftpd and ~ftp/etc/passwd

Post by lo.. » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm made the upgrade from wu-ftpd 2.4.2 to wu-ftpd 2.6. There's one
thing I can't figure out is the following.
 In wu-ftp 2.4.2, I was used to define accounts in the ~ftp/etc/password
and ~ftp/etc/shadow file and now I can't no do it anymore. I made a few
test. It run ok only when the new account is defined in /etc/passwd ?
Is there any setting or configuration to get wu-ftpd using the
~ftp/etc/passwd and ~ftp/etc/shadow file ?
I have many public ftp servers, I would appreciate just copying the file
in this place instead of pasting it into /etc/passwd.

Thanks for your help
Regards.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. wu-ftpd on Linux 6.2 - no ftp connection with shell /bin/passwd

I have upgraded from Linux 5.3 to 6.2. Now I got the problem: Useres with
shell /bin/passwd can no longer establish a ftp-connection. Users with
shell /bin/bash can connect.
/bin/passwd is mentioned in the shells file
We have a school net with 600 users, all having the shell bin/passwd. I
want them to be able to connect identified per ftp.

Does anyone know solve the problem.

Bevore the upgrade all was ok.

Franz Haider

2. awk: second try

3. wu-ftpd with RH v7 sending auth packet/wu-ftp connection delays SOLUTION

4. HELP => ELM 2.4 PL24 in Slackware 2.2.0 - BUG ?

5. wu-ftpd /etc/ftpaccess question.

6. getrusage() bug ?

7. wu-ftpd and /etc/shells (shadow passwords)

8. NE2000 Inferno

9. wu-ftpd won't authenticate NIS users (/etc/shells is correct)

10. wu-ftpd not reading /etc/hosts - can anyone help?

11. Anonymous config for wu-ftp -> /etc/passwd

12. wu-ftpd instead of ftpd

13. in.ftpd zombie problem with wu-ftpd on RH6