ASK : How can I setup proxy server using Apache 1.1

ASK : How can I setup proxy server using Apache 1.1

Post by Tony Leu » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I found that Apache 1.1 support proxy server in Linux environment.
However when I config httpd.conf system warned me that it cannot
recognise the directive of proxy server. Anyone has experience on this
ares please e-mail some info to me.

Many thanks for your help!

Tony Leung from Hong Kong

Post by Allen Cannin » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I found that Apache 1.1 support proxy server in Linux environment.
> However when I config httpd.conf system warned me that it cannot
> recognise the directive of proxy server. Anyone has experience on this
> ares please e-mail some info to me.

You need to re-compile and add in the proxy module.

Uncomment the following line in the Configuration file:

Module proxy_module        mod_proxy.o

Hope this helps.
--
allen

Allen Canning           | Beliefs are dangerous.
UNIX System Admin.      | Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.

http://www.progress.com     | Believe in nothing...
(617) 280-4249          |                      - Tool