how to create only one user account on linux and windows 2000 at the same time

how to create only one user account on linux and windows 2000 at the same time

Post by Juerg » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:45:30

Hi,

nows anybody a solution how to create only one user account on linux
and / or windows 2000. So that the user is able to login on the linux
or windows 2000 server.

regards

Juergen

Post by 66d2.. » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:51:02

|nows anybody a solution how to create only one user account on linux
|and / or windows 2000. So that the user is able to login on the linux
|or windows 2000 server.

Have a look at winbindd, part of Samba.

1. creating user account for windows 2000 under linux ?

Hi,

I'm still trying to create a windows (2000) user account under my linux
box...But after long search, I didn't find a way to do it.
Can it be possible to make a script (or a perl script) under linux that's
create an account under windows 2000 (pro/server) computer ? (on the same
network of course).

Regards.
Yoann Wyffels.

2. What's the reason of "Network is down"?

3. Wishlists for Linux AND Windows 2000 (was Re: Wishlists for Linux (vs) Windows 2000)

4. (X)Windows Programming

5. Linux, Windows 2000 & Windows 98 on one Disk

6. Continuing execution of a script after using 'exec program' from within it.

7. Common accounts on Windows 2000 and Linux

8. IPCHAINS.

9. user account create time

10. Linux and Windows 2000 on one notebook?

11. Instal Linux or Windows 2000 first ?

12. Use WinNT User Accounts on Linux -- Centralize User Accounts

13. Linux user count passes 2000 users