web iptables firewall conf tool recommendations

web iptables firewall conf tool recommendations

Post by /dev/nul » Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:32:35

I'm looking for a small, clean-cut, web-based configuration tool that will
admin iptables.  Being abstracted from iptables commands is ok.

Post by Mihai Osia » Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:52:13

> I'm looking for a small, clean-cut, web-based configuration tool that will
> admin iptables.  Being abstracted from iptables commands is ok.

   Look at webmin. It has many modules for lots of things, so it's not
exactly small and clean-cut, but I find it useful.

Mihai

1. Web Site Access Statistics Tool - Recommendation?

I am the Web master for a mid-sized Canadian Life Insurance Company who
currently operates two Netscape http servers (Communications and
Commerce) on a Unix (Solaris) box, located behind our firewall. We want
to implement a facility to collect and report on site access usage. I
have spent the last week looking at the various tools available but
would like more info about "what everyone else is using and why".

Question 1. I really want to know which tools are being used by the
industry and their experience with the tools (i.e. pros and cons).
Recommendations would be great!

Question 2. Also, because our Web servers are behind our firewall, and
that our firewall does not forward the original host name on http
requests to our http servers, does anyone know of a way to easily obtain
the original host name? I seems to me that (1) our firewall software
would have to be changed (which is out of our control) to include the
original host name in the forwarded http request; (2) somehow merge the
firewall log (which contains the original host name) to the http
server's access log by time of request.

Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. NFS server on Linux

3. Web design tool recommendation

4. @@@>> HOT COLLEGE BI-MALES!!! >PRIVATE< 1-900-825-6000 xt 9794

5. Web+ : Web to Database Middleware, Web Application Development Tool for Unix

6. RH 7.1 does not work on XL266, so don't bother, LOAD RH6.2

7. iptables: How to put web server behind firewall?

8. Memory fault - core dumped, TCP/IP involved?

9. iptables firewall, some web sites unreachable, why?

10. PLEASE HELP - trying to forward web traffic through firewall w/ IPTABLES

11. Trouble accessing Outlook Web Access from behind iptables firewall

12. browsing web became very slow after IPtables firewall

13. Iptables & rc.firewall from Iptables-Tutorial