videoconferencing on Linux

Post by 1ú á? ? » Mon, 24 May 1999 04:00:00

I want videoconferencing on Linux.
But I don't know which software and camera I must use.
Please send your comment.
Thank you

1. Videoconferencing in linux

Hi all,
        Has anybody had any success in getting some kind of videoconferencing
working in Linux ? I can get pieces of it to work here and there, but
nothing substantial. I've played around with openh.323, but have failed
to find a client app for it. The best I did was to use a combination of
xawtv and qseeme. Qseeme actually showed some promise since it could
capture anything you could display in X, but I never got the sound to
work. Vic never worked for me. It also required a program called vat to
do sound, and vat is in a bizarre executable format (it looks old). I'd
be interested to hear what other people have tried.

Thanks
John Cecere

Just remove the _NOSPAM_ from my email address to send

2. a powerfull document management system?

3. (VideoConferencing) build VIC on Linux glibc system?

4. How to delete file?

5. Linux Videoconferencing

6. Random TCP Sequencing

7. videoconferencing on Linux

8. Elf Linux

9. Linux Videoconferencing

10. videoconferencing on Linux

11. VideoConferencing or Web Casting with Linux

12. videoconferencing on Linux

13. Videoconferencing tools for Linux?