Linux PPP server for WIN 3.1 via null modem

Linux PPP server for WIN 3.1 via null modem

Post by Michel Aucler » Sat, 13 Jan 1996 04:00:00

HELP !!!
I'm desperatly trying to make a connection between WINDOWS3.1 and LINUX  via a null modem cable.
I use the TrumpetWinsock 2.0 to log under LINUX and it works quite good. Then I run pppd under WinSock. I receive caracters for a while (about 20s) and after the connection hangs up and I get the prompt again.

My PPPD parameters are -detach local crtscts. Is it correct ?

On the other hand I don't know exatcly what to put in the set-up fields of TrumpetWinsock. Actually I took the same parameters I use to log into my current Internet provider (FranceNet) :
IP adress : 194.2.144.210
 Name server : 194.2.144.1
Domain Suffix : francenet.fr
MTU : 256
TCP RWIN : 864
TCP MSS : 216
VJ CSLIP active
DCD check active

Sorry for beeing so boring but I've been searching for one week and I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown :--)
Thank in advance to any guru of the PPP null modem !

1. Linux ppp server for Win 3.1 via nul modem

[...]

2. Reading a tape?

3. How do I setting my Win 3.1 client with Linux mail server via ADSL Modem?

4. sco_cpd: SIOCGIFADDR: Cannot assign requested address

5. how to setup null modem network between linux box and win 3.1 laptop

6. depmod -a: unresolved symbols

7. PPP connection via mac or win modem dialup to dedicated Linux ppp server

8. [6th RESENT] backport 2.5 inode allocation changes

9. OS2 to Linux via null modem and PPP

10. Linux <--> WinNT PPP via Null Modem

11. linux and windows with ppp via null-modem cable

12. ppp-2.3.1 won't listen to modem

13. Connecting Win95 to Linux server via null modem