DHCP and PACBELL DSL

Post by cros » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have pacbell DSL with DHCP.  Does not matter what operating system I am
using my ethernet adapter never gets an address.  In windows they supply a
virtual ethernet card  PPPoE (I assume PPP over ethernet),  this virtual
adapter gets the address and i'm on.  Has anyone set this up with any form
of linux?  I have several to choose from..REDHAT SUSE DEBIAN

Thanks

DHCP and PACBELL DSL

Post by Richard C. Greenwoo » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have my network connecting to pacbell DSL through my linux router.
You need to get pppoe for linux.  Check www.roaringpenguin.com for their
implementation.  I use it and it seems to work well.  Follow their
instructions.
--Rich

> I have pacbell DSL with DHCP.  Does not matter what operating system I am
> using my ethernet adapter never gets an address.  In windows they supply a
> virtual ethernet card  PPPoE (I assume PPP over ethernet),  this virtual
> adapter gets the address and i'm on.  Has anyone set this up with any form
> of linux?  I have several to choose from..REDHAT SUSE DEBIAN

> Thanks

DHCP and PACBELL DSL

Post by Tom Trede » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

> I have pacbell DSL with DHCP.  Does not matter what operating system I am
> using my ethernet adapter never gets an address.  In windows they supply a
> virtual ethernet card  PPPoE (I assume PPP over ethernet),  this virtual
> adapter gets the address and i'm on.  Has anyone set this up with any form
> of linux?  I have several to choose from..REDHAT SUSE DEBIAN

> Thanks

I've not used PPPoE but here's a link

http://www.suse.de/~bk/PPPoE-project.html

DHCP and PACBELL DSL

Post by John Luca » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

This is my reply to another message. We installed on RedHat Linux 6.1

I have just now (lucked out). Here are two links that can help you get
Roaring Penguin PPPoE Client up and running. Forget that PacBell stuff. I
saw your post and decided to go another direction. These directions are for
Bell Atlantic, but it worked the same. The rpm was easy to install and the
program was very easy to configure. We are using IP Masq with 8 clients and
it seems to work great with a permanent connection.

http://www.panix.com/~dfoster/prog/linux/pppoe.html
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe.html

E-Mail me directly for questions, I probably won't be back here for a while,
NOW!

John

:
: > I have pacbell DSL with DHCP.  Does not matter what operating system I
am
: > using my ethernet adapter never gets an address.  In windows they supply
: > virtual ethernet card  PPPoE (I assume PPP over ethernet),  this virtual
: > adapter gets the address and i'm on.  Has anyone set this up with any
form
: > of linux?  I have several to choose from..REDHAT SUSE DEBIAN
: >
: > Thanks
:
: I've not used PPPoE but here's a link
:
: http://www.suse.de/~bk/PPPoE-project.html
:
:
:

1. DSL with Linksys and Pacbell dsl

very new to solaris

i have a pc, thats working fine with linksys router via pacbell dsl. i
am now trying to connect my ultra solaris box to the router(another
port). what r the files that i have to configure in solaris for this.
the following r the results of ipconfig from my pc

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
                                    206.13.28.12

2. ISA 3c509b trouble. Detected but wont work.

3. Pacbell DSL setup problems

4. automount exported directory from a Novel server

5. Cannot get online when using Pacbell DSL modem

6. Naive NFS question

7. Speedstream 3060/Pacbell DSL, Linux Drivers?

8. disconnected CacheFS / Solaris8

9. rp-pppoe, kernel 2.4.x and DSL (PacBell)

10. DSL + 2.4.0 In pacbell territory

11. Pacbell DSL problems

12. Pacbell DSL on Linux

13. PacBell (SBC) DSL Installation