Getting Mosaic and making it work

Post by Greg F Walz Chojnac » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I'd like to get a browser working, and I don't want to work with netscape
just now. That leaves Mosaic, I guess.

So, do I just ftp to uiuc and get the xwindows mosaic? And, do I need Motif
or any such thing?

Thanks.

Greg

--

http://www.uwm.edu/News                                      FAX:414/229-6443

Getting Mosaic and making it work

Post by Bruce Toba » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I'd like to get a browser working, and I don't want to work with netscape
>just now. That leaves Mosaic, I guess.

>So, do I just ftp to uiuc and get the xwindows mosaic? And, do I need Motif
>or any such thing?

No, it should work right out of the box. I use Mosaic as a browser on
Linux, and it works fine. One caveat: I'm using it with my Mac as the
X server, not with the server running on the Linux box.

-- Bruce Toback