Problems mounting via NFS

Post by root » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I set up a NFS-Server and a NFS-Client in an Ethernet-LAN as described
in
the NFS-Howto.

Now I get the following error message when I mount a directory on the
NFS-server:

mount: RPC: Timed out
What does it mean?

My System:
Client: SuSE Linux 6.0, Kernel: 2.2
Server: SuSE Linux 6.2, Kernel: 2.2.10

The network is working properly. I can connect to the server via telnet,
and with a browser running apache on the server.

The command rpcinfo -p server shows the following list:
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  rpcbind
    100000    2   udp    111  rpcbind
 545580417    1   udp    673  bwnfsd
 545580417    1   tcp    675  bwnfsd
    100005    1   udp    712  mountd
    100005    2   udp    712  mountd
    100005    1   tcp    715  mountd
    100005    2   tcp    715  mountd
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs

I mounted the file using the following line:
mount server:/cdrom /cdrom
The CD-ROM was mounted on the server. To mount just a normal directory
didnt work either.
In addition I specified the data packages using
[...] -o rsize=1024,wsize=1024 [...]
this didnt work either.

Im very glad for any help you can provide.

-mirko-

1. Problems mounting via NFS

Hello,

I'm a Newbie and I want to make a LAN Network with two Computers with
Linux as Operating System.

When I want to mount a directory of the oter Computer with
"mount -t nfs user2.workgroup:/dos /mnt"  I get the Message
"mount clntudp_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: unable to send".

I use S.u.S.E Linux 4.4.1 and a NE2000 compatible card. But the Network
Card is found correctly. And I logged on as root. Dei IP-Adressen sind:
user1: 10.0.0.0
user2: 10.1.0.0

I'm very pleased if someone could help me with these problem.

2. disk problems in 2.2.12 upgrade

3. Booting Via Floppy and mount / via NFS

4. Bash operator performance: test [...] vs. extended test [[...]]

5. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

6. Seeking DVD/CD burner recommendations for Sun Blade 100

7. tar backup via NFS excluding NFS mount point

8. NAT (Network Address Translator) on RH 5.2 or Slackware 3.6

9. Problem to mount Linux CD-ROM via NFS

10. Portmapper problem when mounting a partition via NFS

11. Problem on mount filesystem via nfs

12. /var/mail: to NFS mount or not to NFS mount?

13. nfs mount to a nfs mount fails