How to delete mail from mail queue.

Post by Danny Kwo » Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi...
I want to know how to delete mail from mail queue after checking mail queue
by "mailq" command.
Thank you for reading.

How to delete mail from mail queue.

Post by Neil Fenemo » Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:00:00

generally the mqueue (mail queue) is in /var/spool/mqueue
just go in there, grep for the subject or something defining that e-mail
and delete the df<long number> and xf<long number> (well what ever the long
number is.... the two files should have the same long number>

Neil

>Hi...
>I want to know how to delete mail from mail queue after checking mail queue
>by "mailq" command.
>Thank you for reading.

1. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails

I used to receive data in mail from users. I used to read those data
and load that into a ORACLE table. However I am not able to delete
those mails after reading and loading it.

Currently I delete them manually when the mail file grow very big

Is there a way we can delete these mails after we read it using shell
script ?

2. xhtml to postscript conversion

3. Mail problem -- can't get mail to queue!

4. Yellow Pages

5. net mail OK, local mail permanently queued

6. ACM Device...Samsung Cell Phone..?

7. Queue-R-Mail-HOWTO 1.01 (hold Remote Mail for later delivery)

8. linux 2.2.19, modules missing

9. Mails do not get removed from Mail Queue

10. How to delete messages from mail queue?

11. Delete queued mail, and some other questions

12. bulk mail delete with `mail`

13. Locked mail file, in SM 8.8.8, unable to delete mail