IPCHAINS SPECIAL TWO GATEWAY SETUP

Post by Andy Thom » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:21:06

HERE IS MY SITUATION
1. Our network is 10.0.0.x/24

2. Our Gateway is 10.0.0.1

3. We have a large Client providing us access to their Custom APP via
a dedicated circuit/router it is 10.0.0.2 on our LAN

4. Our Clients Custom Host is an internal Server on their Public CLASS
A address block not reachable via the public network . Lets pretend it
is 20.1.1.100 they also have a MAIL SERVER in the same public range
say 20.2.2.300
that is available via the INTERNET..

5. We have a hosts file on each PC identifying a host names DATA at
20.1.1.100
And each workstation has a ROUTE for 20.0.0.0 via Gateway 10.0.0.2 The
Custom client/server application works great....Everything is fine....

6. We have added a LINUX VPN server for road warriors using the
Safenet IP client This is working fine.

No we want to put the custom client/server app on the raod warriors.
We will add a HOST entry for the DATA at 20.1.1.100 This should cause
the application and we should add a route for 20.x.x.x via the
10.0.0.2 gateway and we are hoping the packets will make its way to
the gateway....

We figure we should add a Route on out Linux VPN gateway for the same
route
20.0.0.0 to gateway 10.0.0.2 but that causes another problem. The
Internal Email server attempting to resolve the mail servers name and
IP address comes up with a 20.2.2.300 IP address and in the attempt to
send mail to our clients public mail server it gets routed to the
10.0.0.2 network and enters our clients Network VIA the dedicated
circuit an cannot make it to their MAIL server.

The big question is...
Can an IP CHAINS rule be created that will forward an exact IP ADDRESS
say 20.1.1.100 to be routed out the 10.0.0.2 gateway and let all other
20.x.x.x address pass out the normal gateway path?

Personal responses to my email address are greatly appreciated and

Thanks for reading..

We wish to put the CUSTOM CLIENT on the road warrior PC's and here is
the problem.

1. \\\ Professional Images Virtual Domains/// Special Special Special Special

:               Online Marketing International Inc.

:
: We are happy to be able to offer full professional images for your
: business. We are a international service provider specializing in Virtual
: domains, Site creation and maintenance, and Listservers and databases.
:
: Thru the end of april we are offering the Following Special pricing:
:
: Only $25.00 setup/$25.00 per month for the following. !!!WOW!!!
:
: *personal Domain  http://yourcompany.com/
: *Unlimited FTP/Telnet access yourcompany.com
: *5 megs of space - this will house approximately +50 pages with    graphics

: *autoresponder
: *Cgi-bin access with sample scripts
: *use of our Shell
: *password protected web pages
: *redirection capabilty
: *24 hour a day web access with millions of potential customers.
: *listing in our award winning mall   http://ngwwmall.com/
: *free postings to 18 popular search engines and directories with all
:  accounts.
: *Full T1 line support with redundancy measure being put in place to
:  insure reliable access 24 hours a day
: *listserver
: =======================================================================
:
: Basic Site creation package 299.99 6 pages with graphic, includes 6
: months rent ends may 1st.
:
: =======================================================================
: Full server lease available for as little as 500.00/month
: =======================================================================
: We Have special accounts for individuals wishing to resell our services

: =======================================================================
: Sites we maintain and house -
: visit a few our our sites: http://craftsolutions.com/
:                            http://winedine.com/
:                            http://facialflex.com/
:                            http://ngwwmall.com/

2. redirecting stdout to file over NFS slows dramatically

3. Two Network Cards = Special Setup

4. Top 10 subjects comp.unix.questions

5. How to setup two terminals, two keyboards, two mouses?

6. SUN 690

7. Network-Hell: Trying to setup two NICs on Gateway

8. IPF problem

9. How to setup a Linux Box as a gateway/firewall between two networks?

10. can I setup two gateway on linux ?

11. How automatic route trafic from default gateway to second gateway then connect to default will broken

12. Two gateways only default gateway works.

13. Two gateways on two interfaces (very frustrated)